california dmv

-

plumcrazy704406

Reaction score
anybody work at the ca.dmv? I am waiting for a title, but it seems to be dragging on. A tad tired of being on hold, long distance with them. I was told we should have it last week (it's been 6-7 weeks). Just looking for someone to help and keep me off the hold line!

If no members can help? thx for the vent!

I feel better already!

Don't feel bad it took me 8 months of ridiculous paper work and calls to get mine from Las Vegas then after I finally got the title they sent me back everything I ever sent them including the old title and said they couldn't process my request. Morons

They are on short weeks and furloughs with the California budget problems. Stuff is way backed up.

To give you an idea, my mother requires a handicap placard, sent in the request for a new placard 3 months before the current one expired, three months after it expired, still no placard. Ended up going into the office to get it done.

If you used International or Broadway title trying to title a car in CA, good luck. They don't even process them at all after the Boyd Coddington deal.

Wish I could help out.

They are on short weeks and furloughs with the California budget problems. Stuff is way backed up.

To give you an idea, my mother requires a handicap placard, sent in the request for a new placard 3 months before the current one expired, three months after it expired, still no placard. Ended up going into the office to get it done.

If you used International or Broadway title trying to title a car in CA, good luck. They don't even process them at all after the Boyd Coddington deal.

Wish I could help out.

no the owners son has applied for a replacement title. his father could not find the original. the application went in and then they needed an insurance form filled out and that was sent in nov.20. I spoke with the dmv a week and a half ago and they said by dec 9 we should have it. is that comment just smoke and mirrors? or is the dmv affiliated with the phone companies to get me to call back and put on hold some more tel. $$$$ ?

:cheers:

My dealings with the California DMVtards in the early 90s correspond with this delay. The wheels of progress still seem as though greased with sand.

I take all my tranfer and lic paper work to AAA they are the fastest never had a problem with them Been a member for foutheen years

-
Back