yellowdartdave

RIP 1-5-12
Legendary Member
Reaction score
California:

Governor is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out
and attacks dog.

#1. Governor starts to intervene, reflects upon the movie "Bambi" and then
realizes he should stop; the coyote is only doing what is natural.

#2. He calls animal control. Animal control captures coyote and
spends $200 testing it for diseases and $500 upon relocating it.

#3. He calls veterinarian. Vet collects dead dog and spends $200
testing it for diseases.

#4. Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for
diseases from the coyote and on getting bite wound bandaged.

#5. Running trail gets shut down for 6 months while wildlife services
conduct a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is clear of dangerous
animals.

#6. Governor spends $50,000 of state funds implementing a "coyote
awareness" program for residents of the area.

#7. State legislature spends $2 million investigating how to better handle
rabies and how to possibly eradicate the disease.

#8. Governor's security agent is fired for not stopping the attack and for
letting the Governor intervene.

#9. Cost: $75,000 to train new security agent.

#10. PETA protests the coyote relocation and files suit against the state.

Texas:

#1. Governor shoots coyote and keeps jogging. Governor has spent
$1.00 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.
Buzzards eat dead coyote.

Any wonder why California is broke?

I have lived in Aguanga sence 1989 and have never hered of any one being attacked buy a coyote around here. They are shuch shy and timid critters. I go out on walks all the time and even at night with out a thought of being attact. I have had more truble with my nabers dogs than with coyotes. As a mater of fact I have never had any truble from them at all.

Here is a song I like to sing when I am out walking.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yYc8mYfrkg"]YouTube- The Coyote and the Cowboy[/ame]

I live in Austin Texas where this happened. The cool thing is that Rick Perry is packing some heat man!

The sad part is we would not have this coyote problem if we stopped building houses where the animals live. I mean we complain that the animals are invading our streets and neighborhoods when in fact it's the other way around. Here is the irony, It's California folk's that are moving here by the thousands that causes the home's to be built in the first place.

Sleep Tight,
John B.

Awww ... the California bashing rears its ugly head once more. If anyone has this much spare time on their hands, I have some projects I could use some help with. You just have to come to California and bring your jogging clothes & firearms. ;)

BTW: If this was in fact a true story, what was the Gov of Texas jogging with ... a Shih-Tzu (no offense to any of our Shih Tzu owners here)? No coyote is going to attach any decent size dog (unless it was a puppy).

Well gee I thought it was supposed to be a joke no one on here even said lol or wow so thats what happens to the money hahaha I thought it was hilarious

My buddies German Shepherd in Pennsylvania used to run and play with a coyote pack all day long and come home late afternoon.

They would wait for him at the fence and he would jump it and off they would go.

Lord knows what kind of trouble they were getting into.

ha ha...

it's mountain lyons in california that you 'might' have to worry about, if you are dumb enough to jog out into the hills with a small 'bait dog' to lure'em in....
and I mean real foot hills, not the field behind your track home.

It's true how politicians and those in charge blow our funds on their 'special interests' or whatever happens to tickle their fancy that day...

ha ha...

it's mountain lyons in california that you 'might' have to worry about, if you are dumb enough to jog out into the hills with a small 'bait dog' to lure'em in....
and I mean real foot hills, not the field behind your track home.
QUOTE]

Now mountain lyons scare the sh#t out of me. LOL Every now and then I get a call from the people that live up the road saying they saw a lyon passing buy and I go out and check on the horses. They may be over a 1000 pounds but I still wory about them.

It's not unheard of to even see mountain lions down in the American River Parkway of Sacramento. The new Sacramento UFL team is even called the "Sacramento Mountain Lions." A strange name for a team that plays in a city that is about 25 feet above sea level.

I live east of Pasadena in LA, and we have Mountain lions in our Neighborhood. Most of my neighbors have seen them walking through yards, sitting on top of garages, etc. Oh, we also have California Black bears here...Welcome to Los Angeles... 8)

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry has a message for wily coyotes out there: Don't mess with my dog.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/28/texas-governor-shoots-kills-coyote-threatened-dog/

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Governor-shoots-coyote-during-run/xZ8DBQoMrkaU_pjZnh4H1A.cspx

Texas Gov. Rick Perry has a message for wily coyotes out there: Don't mess with my dog.
Perry says he needed just one shot from his laser-sighted pistol to take down a coyote that was menacing his dog during an early morning jog in an undeveloped area near Austin.

Perry told The Associated Press he sometimes carries his pistol, loaded with hollow-pointed bullets, when he jogs on trails because he's scared of snakes -- and that he'd seen coyotes in that area.

When the coyote came out of the brush toward his daughter's labrador retriever puppy on a February jog, he charged it and shot it with his .380 Ruger pistol.

"Don't attack my dog or you might get shot ... if you're a coyote," Perry said.

I live in Austin Texas where this happened. The cool thing is that Rick Perry is packing some heat man!

The sad part is we would not have this coyote problem if we stopped building houses where the animals live. I mean we complain that the animals are invading our streets and neighborhoods when in fact it's the other way around. Here is the irony, It's California folk's that are moving here by the thousands that causes the home's to be built in the first place.

Sleep Tight,
John B.

Back in 1952 I lived in Oxnard, CA.....little North of LA. Back then coyotes weren't a problem......it was the Mexicans (before they became Hispanics). Probably hasn't changed very much in the past 58 years.#-o

Awww ... the California bashing rears its ugly head once more. If anyone has this much spare time on their hands, I have some projects I could use some help with. You just have to come to California and bring your jogging clothes & firearms. ;)

BTW: If this was in fact a true story, what was the Gov of Texas jogging with ... a Shih-Tzu (no offense to any of our Shih Tzu owners here)? No coyote is going to attach any decent size dog (unless it was a puppy).

C,mon Ben were only playin.

I've always thought we should give both CA and TX back to Mexico, let them handle those cooks and weirdos.

.380 hollow points against a snake???.....you better have a really good aim.

.380 bird shot works pretty good, esp if you pull the trigger more than once.

I have taken out a 6ft rattler with a 9mm hollow point. Split his head in 2 pieces.:cheers:

Not timid around here.Have had calves killed and had my dog attacked by packs of them.I guess maybe we have wilder and meaner coyotes here in Saskatchewan.

Ya they will kill your dog around here too. If the dog is stupid enough to go charging out at night it is not likly to come back alive. LOL They sit out there in packs and lure them in with them yelps they do. They own the night around here and I should not even be going out here then. I do bring my mini14 with me though.:lol:

I thnk it has to do with there being a lot of easy food around for them to get like rabbits and such. Why get shot with a rifle if you don't have to? LOL

not sure what is more funny, the joke or all the comments after i am enjoying them both
oh and where i live in noth cali- it is cooks and wirdo's

-
Back