California wants my Dart...

-
And the National Guard issue was Federal, not state. The Pentagon was demanding the paybacks. And that's been handled anyway. California National Guard members won't have to pay back bonuses
Actually.............
The whole issue began in California because the state couldn't keep up the numbers.
The federal gov wanted California to repay and when they refused the Pentagon wanted payback.
So..................
California caused this mess and the rest of this country had to clean it up.
BTW, not all of those bonus' were forgiven. There are still 600 pending.
I'm not even going to get into the fairness of the bonus' in the first place.
California is a beautiful state, for the most part, but you couldn't get me to live there if you gave me the property.
Too many people there with sticks up their butts. The same stick they got hit in the head with prior to being staved up said butt.

So even though California is broke , they have money to buy old cars to improve the air quality ?
Wish I could buy cars even if I was broke !!

So..........
California has money to buy old cars, but they want the National Guardsman to give back bonus' they paid out?
Makes sense.

For the record, the Bay Area AQMD is NOT a CA state agency. They are a local air district that regulates air pollution on a county level (actually encompass a few counties). Either way, they have a completely separate source of funding than State agencies.

And last I heard, the State budget had a 2.8 billion surplus. Just wish I could reclaim my portion of that surplus... LOL

Actually.............
The whole issue began in California because the state couldn't keep up the numbers.
The federal gov wanted California to repay and when they refused the Pentagon wanted payback.
So..................
California caused this mess and the rest of this country had to clean it up.
BTW, not all of those bonus' were forgiven. There are still 600 pending.
I'm not even going to get into the fairness of the bonus' in the first place.
California is a beautiful state, for the most part, but you couldn't get me to live there if you gave me the property.
Too many people there with sticks up their butts. The same stick they got hit in the head with prior to being staved up said butt.

"California" didn't cause the mess. Primarily one person in the California National Guard did, and that person went to prison. Not only that, but California wasn't the only state where the overpayments happened. It just has one of the larger National Guard rosters, so, it had more people in the program and a larger total to splash on the news headlines.
Pentagon Halts Effort To Take Back Signing Bonuses Paid To National Guard Members

I live in a little own in the suburbs.....entirely different that LA......

Jeff

-
Back