caliper position whats best

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
I know you can swap the spindles on the 73 up setup left to right, and mount the calipers behind the axle centerline, as upposed to the stock location which is forward of the axle centerline. Any benefits to this?

I hear ya! It's either position them to the rear and deal with the whacked-out and kinked brake hose problem on turns, or to the front and try to deal with the sway bar link interference. Mine are to the rear though.

If you mount them in the the front .Use 73 -76 a-body hose. If you mount them in the rear use 76 -80 Volarie or Aspen hoses and flop the left hose to the right and the right hose to the left. This way the hoses fit correctly.

The A-bodies the hose mounts behind the wheel on the body so the hose for BBP has a metal line on it to extend the hose to the rear of the spindle. . The F bodies The line is mounted in front of the wheel on the body so when you move the calipers to the rear on a A-body and swap the hoses from an f-body to the a-body and reverse them the hoses fit perfect. Just some info maybe some of you don't know.

If your Barracuda has the factory 1968 sway bar the calipers are mounted to the rear so they don't hit the sway bar. The 72 sway bar is wide and attaches further out on the LCA than the 73 up does. If you have a 73 up K-frame with the 73 up sway bar then run them on the front.

Guess i shoulda mentioned that. I am using everything from a 74 V8 dart including the K frame.

However i am also using cordoba rotors and calipers.

No proven performance advantage mounting them front or rear. Do whatever fits for you. Like it was said, the brake flex lines are not an issue if you get the right ones.

-
Back