Calipers

-

tkoboat

Reaction score
Does anyone know who manufactured the single piston sliding calipers and the part number.
Thanks in advance! T

Bendix was the original manufacturer for that caliper -- but NO LONGER do.....
That caliper is only available in the rebuilt world at this time -- or you can buy the caliper rebuild kits (just rubber) super inexpensively.....
Those calipers, in the rebuilt world, are still commonly available....

FYI:
mobileparts has his brake systems confused.
BENDIX brakes were used on the 66-69 B BODY line of cars, and are 4 piston calipers.
The brakes that are used on the 65-72 A BODY line of cars, with the 4 piston calipers, are KELSEY HAYES brakes.
The Single piston, sliding caliper, brakes that you are inquiring about are also a KELSEY HAYES manufacturer, used on the 73-76 a body cars.
Don't have a "part number" to give you as i never have seen a part number on a caliper, other than manafacturer "casting" numbers that i don't know much how to decode.
There are various Kelsey Hayes calipers, depending body style, year, where, and how, the brake hose attaches to the caliper.

I don't understand this question.........if the OP is talking about the late model single piston calipers, you can waltz into a parts store and buy 'em.

The caliper is not carried in the Chrysler Parts catalog as an assembly. The piston housing is 3580 850-1. There are two different single piston, or sliding, calipers used by Chrysler back in the day, both were made by Kelsey-Hayes. The A-body used the one that uses the retainer clip to secure the pads.

Remanufactured calipers are available in the aftermarket. Rock Auto has Raybestos remans (FRC4067/FRC4067 ) for $81.04 including core charge. You may also be able to get them at a local big box parts store as 67Dart273 suggests. They have less expensive remans but the jury is out on the vendor's quality.

I know nobody asked but just FYI 73-75 uses a 2.6" piston and 76 and up uses a 2.75" piston, both are interchangeable as far as hose location and mounting style but just make sure you dont mix a large piston caliper with a small piston caliper on the same vehicle, they look identical at a glance. The later large piston calipers seem more readily available at the parts stores.

I snagged the larger piston calipers on rock auto a few months ago raybestoes remans. One was 13 and the other was 16$. With no core as they were a close out deal.

-
Back