call me crazy...

-
those cars are sick. looks like a supercar with the long low body. arent those mid engine rear wheel drive? i remember seeing one of them race an older cobra 5.0 and they were neck and neck. they have very efficient motor and with a turbo would be VERY QUICK. sounds fun to me!!

Yes they are mid-engine cars

i like the NSX. very neat cars, and handle very well. mid engine, rear wheel drive. those things can tear **** up!!

But if you ever hit-ram anything, the engine up front helps stop the other car. Those old big block engines, they were big and heavy, best thing to have in a hard frontal impact

Look what happen when those old cars were hit hard from behind, the backseat got messed up, no engine in the trunk and the metal just folded up

Likely you never hit anything hard enough to need an engine in front but its nice to have if needed--like seat belts

OK...can we get a little clearer? TUNER= blown NEON, low end honda's with HO motors, Nissans Mitsubishi's all the lil rice burning vibrator sounding nitrous injected CHEESE! The Acura NSX, is not a "tuner" low end EXOTIC yes TUNER not hardly! thats kinda like saying the Diablo is a "tuner" albeit the diablo is in a completely different price class than the NSX... they still fall into the "exotic" catagory. it is unlikely you will see a fast & furious movie with an NSX getting the crap pounded out if it or putting nitrous kits on them.... SURE its possible...ANYTHING is POSSIBLE....just kinda unlikely that someone is going to lay down 83k ( new) and then put a $500 nitrous kit in it....just does not compute!! Are there idiots out there that will do that? YOU BET! Still isnt in the "tuner" class.... 2 cents

PS.... the Black Bently cabriolet above.... HELL yes I would own & drive that.....However it is also unlikely since I would have ZERO intention of ever PAYING for one....OFF THE HOOK EXPENSIVE...damn fine ride, just too much $$$$$$.

ALSO on the tons of early Detroit iron in crash tests???.... In no way is this a swipe at any Detroit iron...I am an ardent fan and likely always will be......but I have seen the test results from three R&D facilities here in Michigan and one down in Tenn. The lil goomers do far better at protecting the driver than you can possibly imagine!! The fold up cars with all the "bend points" can absorb almost three times the shock of impact as say a 1968 Buick 225....or a 57 chevy..... If you think about it , it is a pretty REAL and reasonable fact.... the cars built today are for the most part without distinguishing style, but far more protective of the passengers/drivers than anything built in the 50 60 70 80 and now even the 90's!!! Those lil "puddle jumpers" can take a world of hurt and the driver can walk away.... they are simply put, a far superior safety designed vehicle than ANYTHING from the early years..... if you ever get a chance to check out the oh so public pictures and test results you will be amazed at how poorly the older cars fair at keeping the people inside them safe..... while I favor the styling of the older vehicles and their RAW POWER feelings.....for the everyday commute through the concrete jungle to & from work I'll take the safer of the two all day long.... would I drive it to a show ...yep, but would never enter it....just use it as basic jellybean looking SAFE commuter car. look around for/at the comparisons, they are out there !

My first car I totaled, the 2nd one I walked away from and thought no big deal but then after seeing these newer cars and how they fold up and bumper flies off, I wished I did.

Lets see pictures of these new cars people total out and 8 months later on make a full recovery, LOL...its killed on impact in these new "safe" cars..but drink the kool aid and believe the bs. Today 911 gets called under 1 min after the crash, in the old days there was no cell phones, no life support medics and more hard crashes. Today's cars are easier not to crash but if you do U are screwed !

Attachments

• mis 003.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 60
i would rather be 5 feet from the front of the impact than have the engine in my lap. regardless of air bags

Found another picture--the best pictures I lost years ago

I didn't get lucky-well a bit but look how well the other side, the driver side was, the roof was even, the front fender just bent up, not too bad, just a few creases on the sheet metal--the drivers door is were ems pushed the door all the way open to carry me out--I believe, I was knocked out on impact, really did not feel anything--till I woke up 2 hours later. Didn't even know what happen, when I woke up I was told I was in a high speed crash and in er at which hospital, nobody even told me my upper jaw was busted till 5 days later--it hurts more if you know they told me.

You can see the frame hanging down, car got lifted off the frame

Todays cars the back bumper and brace would fell off, the whole car be crushed--that isn't safe ! My 1970 car the back window wasn't broken, really cool, strong car-metal. Maybe that $300,000 car is safer, ok but not your $20,000 KIA, no way, its just safer cause it steers and brakes better but if you ram something, ugh

Attachments

• mis 004.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 70
  • mis 005.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 47
  • mis 003.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 53
-
Back