Calling all Aussie members-who are you!

-

Martythetrimmer

Reaction score
We now have many Aussie members on this forum so I thought it was time we all let everbody know who we are and what we drive. I'm based in Canberra and currently building a 1962 Plymouth Valiant as it's known in the US or as we know them an S Series. This is being heavily modified with EFI Hemi alloy V6, rack and pinion steering, 4 wheel disc's, and as I'm a trimmer by trade a full custom interior. I have a thread started in Members Restorations as Aussie 62 Valiant. Post your Aussie rides!

View attachment 3.jpg

This is mine,pics are a bit old.Since these were taken have replaced all the front end bushes,balljoints,tierod ends etc,fitted later model discs,rebuilt the motor last xmas and am still driving it every day that i'm home from work.It's a great cruiser.Tried to put the link in and it doesn't work so just click on pics by me then.

In Brisbane , Clint, had vals since i was 15. Current ride 408 stroker charger.
newlookchargerass.jpg
newlookcharger.jpg
need more pics tuffmopar

Ken fronm Townsville,North Queensland.

67 Valiant ute slant6/904-parts chaser
CopyofFleet002.jpg

70 Dodge Challenger 440/727-trailer queen show car
059.jpg

2000 Dodge Ram blown360magnum/518-the mopar towcar
CCR2008002.jpg

72 Dodge Dart Swinger 318/904-daily driver
DSCF3151.jpg

69 notchback Plymouth Barracuda 440/727 - street'n'stripper
CopyofScoopfinished001.jpg

60 Imperial 413/cast iron 727 - highway cruiser
Imperial002.jpg

I know there are a lot more Aussies on this forum then have posted in this thread. Come on lads, let's show our American friends our cars....

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie Oi, Oi ,Oi

I have 2, 62 Valiant sedans......both are in restoration mode.....I did used to drive one as a daily driver, it was my first car, took 4 years to build, and I still have it.
That one will turned into a Nostalgia drag car, 225 & 4sp.
The other one will be a 318/390 stroker, hopefully a 4sp auto, and a disc brake 9".
They are a ways off yet.

Attachments

• IMGP9456.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 511
  • IMGP9453.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 552
g'day all you blokes!
Yeah, cause there's more. But their a little shy maybe.
Maybe they been hanging round kangaroos too long. lol
I got a coupla Mopars

1947 P15 Plymouth Club Coupe convertible
1947 Dodge D25C sedan
1963 Plymouth Valiant Signet convertible
and a '66 Barracuda formula S (not on the road yet).

All my cars are stock and only the P15 is fully restored, the others are as they come.

Attachments

• first folder 137.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 472
  • signet easter creek.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_0578.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 469
  • ACD 2 top ten.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 434
Sorry about the little weeny convertible pic. Have to do some photoshopping and get it up to size (heard that somewhere before)

Here you go Marty mines the 67 Dart GT

Attachments

• IMG_1555 (800x533).jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 470
If any Aussie members are in the Sydney area, specifically Richmond/Windsor area, give me a shout. I've been there 6 times in the last year and I'm sure I'll be back soon. For all other members: It is AMAZING the amount of classic muscle in Australia. There's little to no rust there. Every day I'm there I see ar least one classic car. When I was there in January I passed a yellow, well it was either an E body 'Cuda or a Challenger, it was hard to tell, it passed us so fast. Also got a couple of pics of a very nice looking light blue fastback Mustang in Penrith (ok, ok...I understand "nice looking Mustang" is an oxymoron). I'll have to see if I can find the pics

Love the pic of the Valiant UTE. You Aussies love your El Camino style cars. They are everywhere, especially the Holdens.

I will add to the list. Normally I'm based in Brissy at the moment I in Canberra.
The Duster was purchased off a FABO memeber about 2 years ago, currently getting a birth day. It has stroker, full manual reverse patten 727 & 8 3/4 with 3.55.
Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

ebay054.jpg

The Charger is a 318 4 speed with A/C & is 1 of 4 in this color, it was found sitting in a shed were it had been stored for 18 years.

IMG_7954.jpg

IMG_7943.jpg

IMG_7961-3.jpg

IMG_7947.jpg

good to see this thread getting a kick along!!....67 gt, was that the Dart featured in Chrysler action a while ago?

Any of you guys going to COTM in Albury next month? would be good to catch up and put some faces to names!!...for those members in the US, this is the biggest Mopar only show outside of the States

my 62 is still under construction and is delayed by my purchase of a 67 VC Dodge ute...this nearly made it but it is just too much work to make it...will be there in my mates V8 62 S series

Marty

Hi kit here clints little brother, hows this sound kit, 340 stroked to 412, forged pistons,Eagle I beam rods,mopar performance crank,ported j heads, ferrea valves, comp cams double valve springs, comp cams cam 251/257 duration at 50, .564/.564 lift,with a power band of 3000-6800, victor 340 single plain manifold, demon 825 carb, msd ignition, 3200 stall converter, rebuild 727, race clutches and bands, reverse manual valve body, custom floor shifter, 3.23 locker diff, twin 2.5" exhausts, electric carter fuel pump, all rapped up in a s series valiant. big bro in the third pic being a twit.
newone2_zpsdaf3095d.jpg
newone3_zpsec703a64.jpg
newone4_zps14642c61.jpg
newone_zps226afb5a.jpg

Hi Marty yes it was in Novembers edition in Chrysler Action mag last year,we have an all Chrysler car show comming up in Geelong on the 2nd of March and i will be taken it up there than i will be pulling the motor out and doing a full rebuild as one of the cam lobes is wearing out on number 7 cylinder and ive run out of adjustment on one rocker and it has that tick tick tick sound which is doing my head in,rather than doing the cam and lifters ill do the whole lot.The rest of my order should arrive early march than its a matter of making a date to pull it out and getting all the machine work done.With Albury i should be going as i was hoping to drive the Dart up there this year but it looks like ill be driving the itchy pussy instead (Mitsubishi).

Hi Guys just found this thread. I am in nsw on the central coast I have a VG Regal 770 Hardtop (69 Dart) was a 318 auto power steer air con car will be a 360 which is in the build at the moment and so is the body all the cutting in of the paint around doors inside boot and engine bay done, it was a deep chartuse (metallic khaki) colour I am painting it coral blue (very close to petty blue), having a break from the body work at the moment doing the engine and trans which I will be bolting in from unerneath with the k frame when freshen up completed, engine getting new 40thou pistons and all new bearings even to buying a bearing installation tool for the cam bearings, will have an eddy air gap manifold and a holley 600 for induction will have cast manifolds for exhaust as will be a cruiser not a racer also diff already done up lsd with 3.23:1 ratio trans kit has kevlar bands and clutches to hopefully extend it life, air con and power steer will be retained so will the auto (so the wife can drive it occasionally, although she would love it to be manual too but she cannot physically drive manual anymore) will add pic later

-
Back