caltrac install questions

-

Vitamin c

Vitamin c
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Putting Caltracs on the 68 Valiant i picked up from Saabfan and have a couple questions.
Ordered up the complete setup from Mancini
3/4 Offset shackle kit
caltracs
1''raised monoleafs

1. Are the mono leafs same left to right? both have same part number.

2. Anybody use the offset shackles with caltracs? Doesnt seem to be the best fitment with the front spring hanger. Needed quite a bit of work to keep the caltrac free to move, had to use a washer on the inside of the spring eye to clear the step in the offset hanger. Also had to cut about an inch off the bottom of the hanger to uncover the caltrac upper rod hole.

sorry no pics!

I did have to modify the front hanger as you did for my Duster. I didn't like the way it fit either and decided to relocate the spring inboard to frame rail. I like that much better.

I would have to say that the mancini/mopar 3/4 offset front hanger is quite a bit different than the stock hanger. if you compare the two side by side the spring bolt insnt even in the same location. all those differences makes the caltrac installation a bit difficult. No one replied to my question on the left and right springs being the same part number?

both my springs have the same part number, also if your putting any power to the ground your either going to want to re-enforce your spring perches or buy calverts. i learned that after i folded mine over at the drag strip.

I would have to say that the mancini/mopar 3/4 offset front hanger is quite a bit different than the stock hanger. if you compare the two side by side the spring bolt insnt even in the same location. all those differences makes the caltrac installation a bit difficult. No one replied to my question on the left and right springs being the same part number?

The left and the right are the same.

Kenny

-
Back