Caltrac Tuning Info LOOK HERE

-
Glad you found a combo that works for you car before dropping lots of $$$$ on ladder bars.:thumbsup:

I have a question. My car hooked and spun 20 feet out. Says to adjust rebound 1 to 2 clicks. Is that both sides or just the shock that the car kicked out to? Fishtail right btw

If it hooked and pulled right, tighten your right caltrac 1 or 2 flats. If it goes straight but spins 20 ft out your tires are unloading and leaving the ground. Increase air pressure or loosen rear shocks.

Hey folks, I'm considering caltracs now, I haven't had any luck finding a complete kit for 3 inch inboard. Anyone know the part # for the kit which includes the monoleafs, shocks & track bars ?

I don't think it matters that the leafs have been moved inboard. I also don't believe there is a kit with everything. Monoleafs and shocks are sold seperately.

I don't think it matters that the leafs have been moved inboard. I also don't believe there is a kit with everything. Monoleafs and shocks are sold seperately.
A few places sell a kit for $1300, there are 2 different part #'s for a standard & 3 in inboard

A few places sell a kit for $1300, there are 2 different part #'s for a standard & 3 in inboard

The only difference in the inboard kit is the front bellcrank. If you talk to calvert racing, they make different spacers/shims depending on which inboard kit you used. They're all slightly different inside widths and you want to use the proper spacers so there isn't any binding.

The only difference in the inboard kit is the front bellcrank. If you talk to calvert racing, they make different spacers/shims depending on which inboard kit you used. They're all slightly different inside widths and you want to use the proper spacers so there isn't any binding.
Okay, thanks for clarifying that.

Also with the leaf's, you need to decide what ride height you want (stock, -1, etc.)

Also with the leaf's, you need to decide what ride height you want (stock, -1, etc.)
Thanks, Im thinking stock to clear the 30 inch tire.
Trying to imagine how stuff will sit, I need the front up a bit as well since I'll be running a super stock pan on my 470

Thanks, Im thinking stock to clear the 30 inch tire.
Trying to imagine how stuff will sit, I need the front up a bit as well since I'll be running a super stock pan on my 470
Just a side note: don't raise the front up too much...Calvert recommends 5" of front suspension travel. If you raise it up too much the car won't transfer weight well.

Question for anyone. Where should the monoleafs spring bolt sit in the sliders ?

Question for anyone. Where should the monoleafs spring bolt sit in the sliders ?

If you haven’t ordered the Caltracks yet, you should look into the Assassin bars by Smith Racecraft in Texas. Same price, much more adjustable and it doesn’t matter there the leaf springs are.

If you haven’t ordered the Caltracks yet, you should look into the Assassin bars by Smith Racecraft in Texas. Same price, much more adjustable and it doesn’t matter there the leaf springs are.
I'll take a look, thanks.
Interesting, it looks like they easily fit with inboard springs

20180503_110034.jpg
This is how I have mine.

Are there shock mounts on the caltracs for our a-bodies ? The pics don't show any

Okay I purchased the split monoleafs, caltrac sliders, caltracs shocks, & went with assassin bars. Since they'll fit the inboard spring perch, are more adjustable & about $50.00 cheaper

-
Back