Calvert vs qa1

-
My qa1 drags are stiff on ext even on the loosest setting.

I was wanted to no if I change my Calvert 90/10 shocks to qa1 18 way adjustables if I would see a difference

Nowhere near enough info here. QA1 has fallen off. Do yourself a favor and look at Viking Performance shocks. You'll be happy.

I got QA1 Stocker Star adjustables on the front of my dart. they have 18 settings on them. mine are very easy to extend by hand when set on the lowest settings.

the Calverts should be fine unless your front is coming up to quickly. in that case I can see where you would want an adjustable to slow it down a little. however, if you are just hunting a looser shock for the front, I'm not sure you are going to find it. Calverts are some of the best.

The car is nose heavy with the 440 I have coil overs on rear and car is to stiff in the rear just thought the qa1 would disturbs weight better

The car is nose heavy with the 440 I have coil overs on rear and car is to stiff in the rear just thought the qa1 would disturbs weight better

so if I'm following you right, you are saying that you have a very loose front end and a very stiff rear end? also, are you thinking that the loose front is transfering weight too quickly to a stiff rear, and being forced back to the front in a violent porpoise type action?

If so, then I would start with setting the rear shocks a little softer before changing the front shocks. as in make them looser on compression so that they "absorb and except" the weight being transfered from the front instead of "fighting and pushing" it back where it came from.

after reading your post agian I think I am out in left field.

you're saying that the springs on the coil overs are stiff and have the rear up in the air and that the 440 has the front end nose heavy and too low in the front? I think thats right.

if so, I don't think a stiffer shock will help you there. you will have to turn the torsion bars up.

Car sets perfect it is a ladder bar car I added weight to the rear to get the weight even out the car 52%front and 48% rear car should squat on launch and does not I am taking the added weight out and just wanted to no if qa1 would help get the weight to the rear better I am going to take weights out soften coil overs to see if it plant the tires

Car sets perfect it is a ladder bar car I added weight to the rear to get the weight even out the car 52%front and 48% rear car should squat on launch and does not I am taking the added weight out and just wanted to no if qa1 would help get the weight to the rear better I am going to take weights out soften coil overs to see if it plant the tires

The Calvert 90/10's are very loose, and will transfer weight very fast. No need to change that with your car if it still runs what I recall (mid 7's in the 1/8 mile right?). The only time the Calvert front shock don't do well is if you need to slow the front end rise (which I don't think you need).

-
Back