Cam and lifter set

-

Romulo Roderiques

Reaction score
I purchased a solid cam and lifter kit from Summit for my 65 Dart back in December. It’s on a huge back order. Anyone know any other good sources that may have one available? TIA

Engle custom ground me a,solid any way I wanted it and had lifters as well.

I purchased a solid cam and lifter kit from Summit for my 65 Dart back in December. It’s on a huge back order. Anyone know any other good sources that may have one available? TIA
I ordered a Howard’s cam Summit that was listed with a date a few months away and three days later, it was on its way. Call the cam company direct and ask questions. The phone call cost is peanuts but the instant answers if they have a code to grind are priceless, time saving, exact cam wanted freshly ground, etc….

I ordered a Howard’s cam Summit that was listed with a date a few months away and three days later, it was on its way. Call the cam company direct and ask questions. The phone call cost is peanuts but the instant answers if they have a code to grind are priceless, time saving, exact cam wanted freshly ground, etc….
What year and engine size do you have. I don’t know even know what exactly I should order from Howard’s

What year and engine size do you have. I don’t know even know what exactly I should order from Howard’s
I’m currently working with a ‘97 - 5.9

You can call Howard’s or any cam company and ask for there help. When ordering a cam, the entire kit is often a smart way to go since the valve springs are matched to the cam and then the retainers and locks can also be purchased as well for the valves in the engine. So in one shot, you’ll get the cam, lifters, valves springs, retainers and locks. Measure for the pushrods. If you don’t have a pushrod measuring rod, that can be ordered from most cam companies. I got mine from Comp Cams. Then you’ll need a caliper able to measure them. I picked up a 12 inch caliper from Power house.

Boom! You
I’m currently working with a ‘97 - 5.9

You can call Howard’s or any cam company and ask for there help. When ordering a cam, the entire kit is often a smart way to go since the valve springs are matched to the cam and then the retainers and locks can also be purchased as well for the valves in the engine. So in one shot, you’ll get the cam, lifters, valves springs, retainers and locks. Measure for the pushrods. If you don’t have a pushrod measuring rod, that can be ordered from most cam companies. I got mine from Comp Cams. Then you’ll need a caliper able to measure them. I picked up a 12 inch caliper from Power house.
I’m keeping everything stock none of the pushrods are bent. Thanks for the info.

Not at all. I was going to call them next week. Do they just grind down the old one or what?
MOPAROFFICAL
Never meant to disagree with anything, just my fat finger hitting a wrong button whilst looking at the forum and not really knowing what I was doing

fishmen67
Thank you for your kind words, I'll remember to add you to my Christmas card list

Question. Since this used to be a two barrel carb engine but now it is has a four barrel intake and carb, should I be looking for specs on a cam set up for a four barrel or still a two barrel ?

Question. Since this used to be a two barrel carb engine but now it is has a four barrel intake and carb, should I be looking for specs on a cam set up for a four barrel or still a two barrel ?
Short answer...no...That's not a factor. Just tell them what gear, trans, and what mannerism/rpm range you'll be driving in... say... idle to 6000rpm...then you can choose the carburetor 'cfm' based on that range..whether 2 or 4 brl.

-
Back