cam break in oil

-
A lot of people are going to have different opinions on this topic but the most important is the zinc additive. I use valvoline VR1 30w plus a bottle of the comp break in lube.

Whatever oil you normally run in the motor is fine,i have NEVER used any one of those so-called break-in additives or those "special" break-in oils and have NEVER damaged a cam doing it this way,just make sure you lube the cam and bottom of the lifters with the cam lube that came with the cam shaft,that cam break-in procedure of running the motor for 20-30 minutes at a certain rpm is a joke also,i heard of more people losing a lobe doing it that way then i can remember...put the motor in get it running set the timing and idle,always check for leaks,take it for a good ride at varying speeds to help seat the rings in,afterwards change the oil and filter and your good to go,my last 2 cams were "broken-in running down the 1/4 mile..:-D:-D

make sure the engine is ready to fire with minimal cranking...

carb has gas...ignition set and ready...coolant in radiator...

timing light ready...

i use the cam lube on the cam...and plain out 10-40 oil

BJR racing in dallas goergia has the special oil for this,with high additve content,its perfect for this as JOE Gibbs uses this oil to do the nascar car motors,call bobby at 1-770-443-8874,mrmopartech

I'm gonna try this on my next one

C6D820AB0AA3BA115689ADE3CF8BDCFD.gif

thanks guys, i thought that was the oil you were talking about before steve but i couldnt remember. thanks again everyone.

-
Back