Cam Cards

-

340six

Reaction score
I was just looking say my old cam card and my new one. Both were done as custom grinds as no longer stocked.
Is it normal to be differant. Close

20230210_121945.jpg

20230210_122026.jpg

20230210_121927.jpg

You said there “Both - custom grinds.”
Is one supposed to be a copy of the other one?

You said there “Both - custom grinds.”
Is one supposed to be a copy of the other one?
Yes was supposed to be same cam group last time. 2 stock grinds a KV2 cam and KV3 cam and said could be made on 110 or 108 but recomended for my 422 with my converter, gear, compression 110.
I would think would have been the same but was close

I am still recovering from surgery may when I feel better Type the specs up on the whole motor.
FYI) Cam is an old school SOLID FLAT TAPPET. Not Hdy
Maybe thet changed it to better suit my build?
Should I ask thst this be locked and start over?

Last edited:
They may have developed a master lobe of very similar specs between the two cams you ordered and just used that for the second cam since it’s only a few degrees different. You Will absolutely NOT notice any difference in those two cams. I promise.

If you are getting a hand written cam card you can bet that’s exactly what the cam is.

If you are getting a production cam card it could be off.

The position of the lobes on the core can change the cam timing a little bit from what the master says it should be.

So your cam isn’t that unusual.

Last edited:
I see a discrepancy in the intake valve lift of the KV2 cam. Should be 560, not 557, from lobe lift.

They may have developed a master lobe of very similar specs between the two cams you ordered and just used that for the second cam since it’s only a few degrees different. You Will absolutely NOT notice any difference in those two cams. I promise.
Bang on and bulls eye.

IMO, stab that sucker and run it.

-
Back