Cam Donation?

-

zfriedbauer

Reaction score
Hey guys. Posted a thread a bit ago about my slant 6 rebuild project. So far, ive put around 500 bucks into new parts and machining but still have lots to go. One thing i really need is a cam, Someone mentioned reground lifters too. Does anyone have a new unused or mildly used Cam they dont want or would sell cheap? I can Pay postage on it. Neither of my parts engines had decent cams, they were old and worn out. Anything Helps. even other parts. Thanks guys. Also, my other thread "Rebuild advice" has some cool tips and shows my progress so far if you feel like checking it out. Thanks!

Hope it works out. Make sure the lifters are numbered to match the lobes. If not, contact Doug Dutra to see how much a reground set of lifters costs. Don't even try guessing which lifter went where.

Anyone correct me if I have this wrong, but isn't the Comp Cams /6 cam not supposed to be good for the oil pump gear ? Zfried, I would suggest you go onto www.slantsix.org and ask over there.

You should contact Oregon Cams. Ken Heard <[email protected]>
I got a nice regrind cam from them for $75 (+ $25 core = $100 total).
Tell him what you have and he will recommend something. Hard to go wrong there.
-Matt

Does anyone have a new unused or mildly used Cam they dont want or would sell cheap? I can Pay postage on it. Thanks!

I am getting ready to pull apart a rebuilt motor that's never been fired. It has a new stock cam in it that I will be pulling out and eventually replacing with a custom regrind from Oregon. If interested, drop me a PM.

I'm telling you...Oregon Cams
Just my 2 cents (they have inexpensive lifters too).
-Matt

I noticed a DC cam and lifters at my machine shop last time I was there on the Bargain Shelf. $80 new. I think it was hydraulic though.

You can call Ken at Oregon Cams 1-800-539-9165.
Cams are $75 and lifters are 4.50 each. a core would be $25 and shipping is inexpensive.

-
Back