Cam Gear Drive

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Well, I have decided to do a engine swap this summer and drop the 273 for my sons built up 318. While the engines out I was thinking about a cam gear drive by Milodon. Their not cheap but I have aways liked the sound. My question...has anyone had one? How do they sound in MOPS? Like I mentioned their not cheap but would like to hear any feedback before I jump too fast. While I'm in the performace section....These are the numbers I got back for the 318 with what work has been done.

Originally Posted by dartfever
Hey Jim,

Well i popped your numbers in to the desktop dyno
and here is what I cam up with
First off I assumed 9:1 comp., a 600cfm carb and 1.88 intake valves on the heads. I ran a 10:1 and 2.02 heads just for ***** and giggles

9:1 1.88 valve results
290 hp@5000 rpm
352 tq@3500 rpm

10:1 1.88 valve
306 hp@5000 rpm
367 tq@3500 rpm

10:1 2.02 valve
315 hp@5000 rpm
371 tq@3500 rpm

Have found the desktop dyno to be somewhat acurate. Chassis dynoed my truck and once you figure in driveline loss it comes within 5%.

Should make for a quick car!

pic4.JPG

I'm using the mopar perf gear drive, with a new bushing. When I bought mine the parts guy told me the more expensive one is a bronze gear and can't be used with all cam shafts!
Any one else have info on this?

In terms of noise, the Pete Jackson is cheaper, and noisey..I always liked the sound too..I bought the Milodon one for my 451 project...But, the cheap ones arent very accurate (a good chain will be better). So, it's spend and get the noise you want, or dont...

AMEN, Oldvart!

I told my boy (Jerhemi Cuda) when he was 5 that there are only 2 places that you add chrome to a car, the valve stems and the rings. Those are the only places that it will make you go faster!!!!

IMO

I have the milodon on my 360. It works great. Not alot of noise however you can hear it. Easy to install !!!

-
Back