Cam info - HE1423AL

-

JAmes Dodge

Reaction score
Is anyone using or had used a Hughes HE1423AL camshaft? It's an older camshaft and I couldn't find specs like rpm range and lobe center installation. Glad to hear something about this camshaft. I'm planning to use it with a pair of magnum heads.
thanks!

You'll like this cam with headers and a small 4bbl. Do not go steep on gears since the RPM range is low. I would not go higher than 3.55's for a driver and go anywhere driver at that. Even in a low compression mill (late 70's low compression) it'll still smoke the tires up.

Another nice things is you will not need a new torque converter to run that cam.

It's possible to bag yourself a mid 14 second slip with that cam.

Ok thanks guys!

I'm planning in use it with 4 speed and 3,15 gear ratio, 318 magnum heads, CR aroud 9,0:1, 4 bbl + headers:angel3:

You'll like this cam with headers and a small 4bbl. Do not go steep on gears since the RPM range is low. I would not go higher than 3.55's for a driver and go anywhere driver at that. Even in a low compression mill (late 70's low compression) it'll still smoke the tires up.

Another nice things is you will not need a new torque converter to run that cam.

It's possible to bag yourself a mid 14 second slip with that cam.

Is anyone using or had used a Hughes HE1423AL camshaft? It's an older camshaft and I couldn't find specs like rpm range and lobe center installation. Glad to hear something about this camshaft. I'm planning to use it with a pair of magnum heads.
thanks!

JAmes, (Verrrrmmmeeee) You're wanting to do evil... :cwm21:!! lol... Magnum Heads is much better than LA heads for any application..!!

-
Back