cam recommendation

-

70wayfarer

Reaction score
hi all. thinking about going from turbo back to na. combo is 410 sb, mild ported eddy heads, eddy super victor intake, cr 9.2 : 1, 727 auto.
present cam is 254/260 @ 50, 562/560 lift 1.5 ratio. 115 lsa solid flat tappet
not wanting a custom grind, but something that will give me max performance with my CR.
cheers

Stay Turbo. NA is so old school. Might as well go back to a point distributor too. And a generator charging system.

WHY HAVE I SEEN THIS A THOUSAND TIMES,please pick a cam for me,call a cam company,tell them what you have and what you want.they can tell you what cam best suits your needs.not picking on the op,but this is what they do and are good at it.

It’s not the compression ratio you have to worry about. Any cam will work and well. The heads ability to flow air, or not, is more the issue.

Reason being is that the NASCAR Truck series (when new) participants were asked about there engines and there limited to a 9.0-1 ratio being a problem there response was, “No problem! While more would be better, we worked around it.” And that hp tune was over 700hp on a 9.0-1 ratio.

Choose your cams duration based on what rpm range you want to make power in and get as much lift in on as you can to take advantage of the heads flowing ability’s. Equipped it with the proper stall and etc....

Have fun!

-
Back