Cam Regrinding

-

Mopar Sam

Well Fed Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good cam regrinders in the midwest? My son is on an extreme budget, and I called Oregon Cams and Ken will Grind what we want [single pattern] Hyd. roller. So, I found my best looking core, boxed it up and was going to print a shipping label. Wow!! They want $46 bucks + to ship from Indiana to Washington. So both ways added together will be over 92 bucks. My oldest son had them grind him a cam 3 years ago, and it cost 23 and change for shipping. Ken provided the core for that one to save us time.
I just shipped a cam I sold two weeks ago from IN to GA and it only cost me 15.09
Thanks for any suggestions.

@jpar.com Hey jpar, the vacation you said you are on wouldn't happen to be in Indiana would it? If so, could you take a small package to Oregon cams for me? PLEASE!!!!!!

I guess I did that wrong. How do you alert some one to look at a thread?

Last edited:
Regrinder in TX. They will grind whatever you want.
The thing I like about Oregon cams is they have a list of their grinds online. Ken will let you pick an intake lobe from one grind and an exhaust lobe from another. He will also do his best to give you the lobe sep. you want, although some cores are limited in that respect.

I haven't contacted the cam grinder on ebay to see what other grinds they offer, but the ones thy have listed are a good bit less lift than we want.

Although this is a budget build, my son was able to pick up a 360 mag long block for $300 with magnum R/T heads. Yes the ones with the big R/T letters cast on them. He got some other parts for yard sale prices too. He has sold most of those for a small profit which he used to order some 2.02/1.62 valves from SI. I found some Lunati springs that will work with the short Installed height of the Mag heads and will allow up to .600 lift. So we wanted to be in the .550-.600 lift range.

Virtually all cam companies will do a regrind...Jones, Comp, Howard's.... Just call them.

I'm having my Gen III Hemi done soon.

Sent it off this morning in a flat rate game box. $19.95
Thank you DrEamer and oldkimmer.

-
Back