Cam selection 360

-

keefer73dart

Reaction score
Looking for a good performance cam that won’t require any machining on the heads. I’m ok with changing valve springs. Just don’t want go to machine shop. Need to pep up my 360. Have headers, dual exhaust, intake and fi tech. I am entertaining a small jump in converter later on as well I need some Mopar veterans guidance lol

There are thousands of cams that are for small blocks. Hundreds or more that would work well for 360's. There is no magic bullet. Anything you change may change the whole combination.

Take a look at the Comp Purple Plus 474 grind. They use actual Mopar lobes that take advantage of the .903 lifter diameter and use a modern grind with split duration.

There are thousands of cams that are for small blocks. Hundreds or more that would work well for 360's. There is no magic bullet. Anything you change may change the whole combination.
I understand this. Just trying to figure out one
Take a look at the Comp Purple Plus 474 grind. They use actual Mopar lobes that take advantage of the .903 lifter diameter and use a modern grind with split duration.
That’s there comps nostalgic cams right? I was looking at this buying it in kit form. $527.

Sorry got cut off some how meant trying to figure out some options that aren’t going to require machine shop. And this one is for one of my more driven cars just want a lip more giddy up and go. Not really gonna be making changes to it al the time

I understand this. Just trying to figure out one

That’s there comps nostalgic cams right? I was looking at this buying it in kit form. $527.
Call a cam company with all your specs. They are the experts . Comp, Hughes, Crower to name a few.

Yes, that's it. Nostalgia Purple Plus.
That looks like a good cam choice for a mostly stock but might upgrade the converter later upgrade.
Small enough of a change to not have to do machine work for lift or worry about longevity on stockish heads, but enough to perform good and sound decent.
I like it.:D

That looks like a good cam choice for a mostly stock but might upgrade the converter later upgrade.
Small enough of a change to not have to do machine work for lift or worry about longevity on stockish heads, but enough to perform good and sound decent.
I like it.:D

Yup, just perfect for what he asked.

Now changed to the 292 mopar cam. Whole different animal! Not yet run. Still need to fire up and break in.

I'm going with this one.
Lunati Voodoo Camshafts 10200702
I will give you a heads up in my situation with my heads anyway anything over a .487 lift you will have to cut the valve guides down a little and use positive valve seals. I checked the valve guide to retainer clearance on my heads with the umbrella seals on and I have .487 clearance. I'm sure all heads will vary a few thousands but its something to be mindful of

Rusty and beast
The Nostalgia Plus and Purple Plus use the same design parameters
but the Purple Plus is optimized for Mopar whereas the Nostalgia Plus shares the production gang masters with all other makes and models- the Universal but less expensive to make version but it leaves torque on the table
the comp lobe catalog explains it Problem is the minimum Purple Plus is 280 but it does have an under .500 lift so is an easier install for some
great cams who want the big nose for durability like the MP cams
There are lots of other good choices which I just posted up
Mopar Cam- how many more degrees @.006 to equal at .200? post 64

-
Back