compression ratio
transmission
rear end ratio
carburetor size
car weight
tire size
what you want to do with the car
Head type, has any porting been done
I'm sure there are a couple of things I've missed but you get the idea.

Duplicating that camshaft shouldn't be that difficult. I don't believe that big "3" has anything to do with the grind number, as it's offset, plus it's a completely different style number. So, that makes that grind number "SS 300 NC". "SS" means it was a solid. The 300 would be the advertised duration. "NC" with no "-2" means that it was a straight pattern camshaft. A lot of people think that the "-2" means "112 LSA", but it does not. If I had to guess, that cam probably was like .520 lift and 300 duration...probably like 250 @.050...mightta had more lift maybe around .550. I had an old "SS 310 NC-2" for a big block chebbie years ago. That cam was 310/320 advertised and .610/.620 on a 112. But the Mopar cams run with lower lift because the big chebbies had 1.7 rockers.

Are there numbers on the back side of the cam? I think the grind number should be on the back side... I don't believe Crane is making the single bolt cams anymore. Which is why it's not listed. But, it may have a 3-bolt equivolent.

The burnish ball works good, sometimes. If they are tight, they need to be honed out to give you the right clearance. The ball wont make the hole bigger.

The guy at cam said the grind number was 300 and before they shipped it the changed it to 330

Well I'll be dog. I guess that 3 did mean somethin didn't it? lol

That was a sweet cam grind,had a similar one in a 396 Chevy.Streeable, pulled to mid 6000's,rpm wise.

-
Back