Camshaft Question

-

RUFF62

Reaction score
Need some input on a camshaft to go in my 383 that will produce enough vacuum to run my power brakes but still have a rumble to it. looking to be a cruiser and sometimes blow the soot out...lol. Not a all out race car. Engine has 906 heads and torker intake with 600 holley. Its a automatic with 3:21 gears

Need some input on a camshaft to go in my 383 that will produce enough vacuum to run my power brakes but still have a rumble to it. looking to be a cruiser and sometimes blow the soot out...lol. Not a all out race car. Engine has 906 heads and torker intake with 600 holley. Its a automatic with 3:21 gears
Stock converter?,...and willing to change? Headers,stock exhaust manifolds? Willing to do some distributor curve tuning,and carb tuning...?(no?...then..).. I will get razzed, for this one : An old school Comp Cams Hi Energy 268H... ,or a Magnum 383 stock replacment cam. I prefer the 268 Comp,on this one..and leave it,at that.

I've run the old summit .466/.488 cam on otherwise stock 383 with good results, and from experience Torquer intake kills bottom end on a 383. With those gears you would notice a good difference with a dual plane.

Stock convertor..Hp manifolds...Stock electronic distributor...power brakes

I'd be looking really hard at a quality convertor regardless of the cam you buy.

Not looking to race it just wanting a rumble and be able to run powerbrakes

"When you wish upon a star............"

Who's rumble? Your rumble or my rumble?

Rumble type cams are not problem, and if you want power brakes with them...spring for a vacuum pump or hydro-boost.

Otherwise you won't like your brakes or rumble.

-
Back