Camshaft question

-
You're right. Back to magazine tech and only 3 options.

I better not mention 240 cranking PSI on street unleaded either.........
Look Dude, when You roll up in Your 670hp J headed or Eddy headed pump gas 340 idling at 750rpm, I'll marvel at it for You just so You can go away.
Who's talking magazine tech & 3 choices here? We are not even talking a cam change yet, what the OP has may be fine, & just needs the tune fixed.
Quit trying to impress everybody with what "someone else" is accomplishing or attempting to, this thread ain't about You or them, it's about the OP's driveability & plug readings...:realcrazy:

What I did was when I was building or having my stroker built I talked to Ken and he tried his best to convince me that I didn't want that cam because it was going to be too radical but radical was what I wanted... Well he gave me exactly what I wanted and it was badass and it sounded cool and didn't come on till about 3 and 1/2 Grand... But when it did hold on to your knickers!... That was fine and dandy for the drag strip and impressing my friends but after some time went by it it just wasn't fun to drive on the street anymore. So I pulled the cam out went down and had a conversation with ken and told him I wanted to idle a little better I wanted to put different gears in the rear end and be able to drive it but still be a little bit on the radical side and that's what he gave me and that's where I'm at today.,

What I did was when I was building or having my stroker built I talked to Ken and he tried his best to convince me that I didn't want that cam because it was going to be too radical but radical was what I wanted... Well he gave me exactly what I wanted and it was badass and it sounded cool and didn't come on till about 3 and 1/2 Grand... But when it did hold on to your knickers!... That was fine and dandy for the drag strip and impressing my friends but after some time went by it it just wasn't fun to drive on the street anymore. So I pulled the cam out went down and had a conversation with ken and told him I wanted to idle a little better I wanted to put different gears in the rear end and be able to drive it but still be a little bit on the radical side and that's what he gave me and that's where I'm at today.,
Sounds a lot like the way the Chevy 302’s were… it felt like you were tied to something until around 3k and then it was like being shot out of cannon!!!

******* cam talk, nothing ***** me more than ******* cam talk...
How the **** is a cam grinder going to know what cam to sell a customer when the ******* dingbat customer on the other end of the phone has no idea of what he wants????

Last edited:
******* cam talk, nothing ***** me more than ******* cam talk...
How the **** is a cam grinder going to know what cam to sell a customer when the ******* digbat customer on the other end of the phone has no idea of what he wants????

Because they read an article in a magazine and now know they need the tightest LSA they can grind.

Because they read an article in a magazine and now know they need the tightest LSA they can grind.
If you took all the "cam talk" on this forum for example, correlated it all together and then had some layman TRY to read through it, that person would be more confused than when they started. And probably lose a few IQ points in the process.
Why?? Because most of the stuff posed here is simply "opinion" based on someones personal preferences and what they "think" not fact.

If you took all the "cam talk" on this forum for example, correlated it all together and then had some layman TRY read through it, that person would be more confused than when they started.
Why?? Because most of the stuff posed here is simply "opinion" based on someones personal preferences and what they "think" not fact.
And yet here we are, 4 pages deep!!!

Don't worry , 4 pages is nothing when it comes to people wanting to waffle on about cams, in a thread that's probably more about a tune up rather than a cam change...go figure.

Last edited:
I disagree because my real world experience says that idle quality is 98% tune up.

If you can’t make your **** idle don’t blame the cam.

And guys that focus on tuning say otherwise.

Maybe in your mind you do but looking at what lengths other people go to when it comes to tuning I would have to disagree.

Disagree all you want. You prove nothing here other than you are a grade A bullshitter.

Now I’m out because talking to you is about as smart as talking to a flower pot.

Later dude.

Post #75 is a great example of misinformation. Two cams, one on 114 LSA & one on 108 LSA. The 108 got the thumbs down....
- one engine was a 340
- one was a stroker
- there was a 40 yr gap between 'testing'
- no info other than adv duration & lift given.
- 050s could be different, cams ground by different companies, different areas under the curve. Who knows?

-
Back