Can’t decide which project to head for next

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I need rods (out of stock) then my new assembly balanced for my 422 engine so I’m dead in the water there. Waiting for a little warmer weather to pull my powerglide to see why I didn’t have second gear. My son will be needing an engine hopefully this year but I’m not getting excited there till I see him putting forth some effort (short block is done), and money. Ethans Speedmaster heads need finished but his new house is being built so that’s his priority right now. So I’m kicking around jumping on my TrickFlow heads again even though I really don’t need them right now. So how about a what if post. What do you guys think a TrickFlow head would pick up cfm wise on a stock port going from a 2.02 valve to a 2.05 intake valve? We all agree the heads max out in the 300cfm area but I will again do some before and after numbers on the same port. It may take a few days as I have a mess to clean up after back to back intake manifold porting.

You have my blessing, Sir. LOL! But in all seriousness, it will not only be interesting to see if and how much difference it makes to the good or the bad, but also what you'll do to make it work the best it can. And thank you for taking the time and effort to share all the information you gather on your adventures at the flow bench.

Someone has to monkey with it, might as well be you. You have our blessing.
I look forward to any and all work you share.

Ohhhh well Mother Nature won out. 3 more inches of snow so far today and it’s still coming down. More expected tomorrow so that’s two days of snowblowing and a day or two body recovery days. This sucks.

-
Back