Can a garage be too big?

-
Never !
build it twice the size you think you will need now !
10 years from now you still will wish it was bigger !
TiP : .. remember building up is cheaper than building out !
so build walls up higher & have cheap upstairs storage & more room on floor !

@95teetee, that aint a garage, that's a showroom!!!!

no no no, it's a garage:see?
6.jpg

that part is under this part:
3.jpg

btw, this is my boss's cousin's shop- he went through a divorce recently, the boss doesn't know if he still has the 'garage majal' or not:???:

Granted that it would take a HUGE garage for it to be overkill... but I've seen/heard of a few that are just ridiculous.

you guys are lucky, i have to use my grandfathers 24x 30 garage or pack rat room, hes got tools but keeps way too much crap. i like the garage majal very nice. i keep hunting on clist for an old free building that either needs tore down or just taken over so far all i find are ads with no phone numbers. its sad really, ill tear em down and build em back up idc just please give my own area where im not riffling thru old bolts and stabbing my self with old knives and **** all the time. id ove a nice 40x40 one big door in a small side door, and a nice 40 x14 car port for my macho and my 4 wheeler. i think that should work for me.

We had our house build and like a provious post, I had the builder add to the garage as I wanted it set up to build cars. Wife didn's squak as she got the rest of the house. I wish i would have made it a little bigger but it works great for the work i want to do on my cars. I also have a 36 X 48 shop full of snowmobiles but that is another story. I am now trying to figure out the paint booth aspect of all this at home.

Attachments

• Shop1A.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 285
  • Shop1B.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 286
Not Really! For my money Tony Fields sets the garage standard. Here are a couple of my snowmobile shop.

Attachments

• Roslyn1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 296
  • Roslyn2.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 283
Had a 20x30 shop for years
Now 60x100 w/ 22" walls works for me !
finishing up old surplus army 20" shelving on 3 walls & then next up will be upstairs old timey speed shop display w/ parts on 1 side & other side will be super bowl sunday room !
But I still bet in 10 years i will be building a lean to on side for overflow junk !
god bless car lifts & fork trucks for storage moving issues !
No its no Jay Leno setup but it was all $$ i had in the world + 10 grand .. but worth it !
Ps .. sure like that taj mahal setup above .. Hope he didnt lose it !

Well... at some point it goes from garage, to storage building, to museum... it's all just symantics :)

It can never be too large. My buddy's shop is 45x50. And it's getting small. We tossed arround the idea of buying a wherehouse someplace, and opening up a fab/powder coat shop. But them it would be work not play. And then it's no fun. We jokingly talked about buying a closed down Costco. Figured it would be enough space, but the issue then would be "have you seen my wrench?" "no, but it's gotta be here someplace." and next thing you know your spending days looking for tools. And you would need a golf cart just to get around. I with I had that problem. Lol

-
Back