Can anybody ID this car?

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
Seen on a back road while out driving on a nice evening. Sorry for the quality. The light was going and I was still moving when my son took them. I lightened them up a bit so maybe a little more detail would come out. When I first saw this car a week ago, my first thought was Duster, but when I looked closer I knew it wasn't. I just can't place it, though I know I should. If anybody can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

20180518_032508.jpg

20180518_031821.jpg

You know, it looks like you're right. Body shape and tail lights look to match up to a 71 Torino. Thanks for the assistance!

Seen on a back road while out driving on a nice evening. Sorry for the quality. The light was going and I was still moving when my son took them. I lightened them up a bit so maybe a little more detail would come out. When I first saw this car a week ago, my first thought was Duster, but when I looked closer I knew it wasn't. I just can't place it, though I know I should. If anybody can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

View attachment 1715177011

View attachment 1715177012
old torino ?

Torino! Not a mopar but still a cool car. Buddy had a 72 gran torino years ago. Mild 351 Cleveland, automatic and 3.70 gears. We were in high school and thought it was the meanest thing to ever hit the streets. He traded it for a late 70's trans am right before the movie came out. The values went up a bit but the desirability went WAY up after the movie.

Yes, looks like a Torino. I see a blue oval on the trunk lid.

Torino! Not a mopar but still a cool car. Buddy had a 72 gran torino years ago. Mild 351 Cleveland, automatic and 3.70 gears. We were in high school and thought it was the meanest thing to ever hit the streets. He traded it for a late 70's trans am right before the movie came out. The values went up a bit but the desirability went WAY up after the movie.
Which movie, Smokey and the bandit, the dark half, or grand torino?

Which movie, Smokey and the bandit, the dark half, or grand torino?

Gran torino! The bandit T/A he got in trade was a heaping pile of oil leaking big block Chevy powered dung. The torino was cool.

A buddy of mines brother bought a 70 Torino off of the proverbial "little old lady" in '76. It was green with a green interior (bench seat) and dog dish hub caps. Open up the hood and there was a big chrome air cleaner with a 429 sticker on it! My buddy's bribrot wssan idiot and beat the crap out of it and it eventually went to the junk yard. I wasn't into cars like I am now but years later I realize what a loss that was.

agree 70/71 torino non "sportsfoof" (fastback)

I had a 71 GT 351c-4v with shaker hood in "legend" lime

I've never seen another shaker car with a 351. They've all been 429 cars.

-
Back