can anyone help me get an extra 200 hp out of my stock 340 what parts do i need to change or what never can get anyone that i talk to with a straight

-

clayton d glasscoe

MODUST340
Reaction score
can anyone help me get an extra 200 hp out of my stock 340 what parts do i need to change or what never can get anyone that i talk to with a straight answer

Put a 200HP plate shot on it. Is that a straight enough answer?

well, what's the current set up and how much power is that making? how has that power been measured or verified?

the answer is probably a stroker kit along with some other bits, depending on what you have.

stock they were rated at 275hp (with actual accounts of near 300), which would put you into the damn near 500hp arena. not impossible to make on a "stock" motor, but much easier and cheaper to do with a stroker.

well, what's the current set up and how much power is that making? how has that power been measured or verified?

the answer is probably a stroker kit along with some other bits, depending on what you have.

stock they were rated at 275hp (with actual accounts of near 300), which would put you into the damn near 500hp arena. not impossible to make on a "stock" motor, but much easier and cheaper to do with a stroker.
Impossible for stock unported heads.

Trick Flow top end, 10.5 cr, around 240-250 .550-.650 108 etc... 4" stroke if you want to operate at a lower rpm.

Nitrous has entered the chat:

giphy.gif

What do you consider “parts” to be?

As others have noted, you’ll need a full rebuild with LOTS of parts if trying to get there NA…as in most of the stock stuff aside from the block goes away.

A nitrous kit will get you there quick, the “500hp” mark AND the “needing a rebuild” mark.

Your profile says you're 70 years old. Are you trying to shoot your Eye out or something?...

“Slap A Kit On It” Go Nitrous! I agree, Start slappin’ :lol:

Step 1 Disassemble the engine and throw everything away except the block :)

There are lots of different paths; the main questions are how much money and ruthlessness you're bringing to the party. My own personal preference would be ported heads, mild cam that's just a little more aggressive than stock, fuel injection, and a GT45 or similar sized turbo. Not the cheapest approach, but you can get good drivability and longevity out of a turbo motor if done properly.

Trickflow 190 or worked w2 top end with matched induction and exhaust with either. Basically the op wants 490-500 hp.

Or some in between heads and a 75 shot.

-
Back