Can anyone i.d. these for me?

-
I just found your ad on FFBO again by searching the '72 part number. Those were the painted ones, per your ad.

In the '71 catalog, they don't list them as a complete assembly, only as the lamp assembly (wire, socket, lens, but no cover) or a cover by itself. The wire/lens bit was 3479378, the cover was 3479246. The cover, by itself, is the same number in the '71 catalog for A/B/2-dr B.

What I'm getting out of all this is that there are two variations, but Chrysler only ever serviced one part number. If you're familiar with E-bodies, there's only one tach number despite '70-early '72 having an 8,000RPM tach, while later '72-'74 cars had a 7,000RPM unit. There was only ever one part number, and you didn't know which was in the box until you opened it. The '70-'71 4.5" bolt-circle Rallye centers were like that for years, too.
Ok I could not remember other than selling a painted set.. and not the chrome ones. The only difference I have seen between the 71 and 72 b-bodies is the wiring leads they have just a wire with the wrap and one with out the wrap..

I'm not trying to be argumentative a'tall, mind you. I'm just trying to figure out where the chrome v. painted line comes in, and why there aren't separate part numbers. Hence my thoughts about E-body tachometers and '70-'71 Rallye-wheel centers. It was a crapshoot on those as to what was actually in the box. Hell, for years the Year One catalog said they had no control over which Rallye center you might get.

I'm not trying to be argumentative a'tall, mind you. I'm just trying to figure out where the chrome v. painted line comes in, and why there aren't separate part numbers. Hence my thoughts about E-body tachometers and '70-'71 Rallye-wheel centers. It was a crapshoot on those as to what was actually in the box. Hell, for years the Year One catalog said they had no control over which Rallye center you might get.
Nor am I just thought I could offer a rare version of what else is out there..And I agree the parts book was not always 100%…

I did find an old thread on moparts that said Dusters got body color while Valiant/Scamp got chrome. Maybe RM/RS/RP got body color, RH and RL got chrome?

-
Back