Can anyone identify this plug?

-

wlecat

Reaction score
This plug was apparently left over when the 1967 slant 6 was converted to a 1969 340. It looks like it may have been a sensor plug, but it is 2 prong.
It is factory wired into the harness but I can't seem to identify from the schematic, I'd like to be able to use it for something else if not needed. Any ideas. Thanks

Attachments

• WP_20131013_007.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 230
  • WP_20131013_006.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 248
What color are the wires and what part of the harness is it on?

If it's up in the engine bay, most likely AC

Could be either one, but it IS one of the two.
AC or backup lights.

thanks guys, the wires are both black, the harness is in the engine compartment firewall. The original engine was a 170 slant 6 with 3 on the tree. there doesn't seem to be any indication ofthere being a/c and it's in a convertible. alot of changes made Ill check the fender tag and make sure the B/U lights work

This wire looks violet to me. You did not indicate whether or not the CAR was a 1967 you just said it had a 1967 slant six that was replaced with a 1969 340. At any rate that IS the two bladed receptacle for the 1967 reverse light switch. The backup light switch screws into the transmission. The two wires should go to the same bulkhead connector which also contains the wiper motor wires. Of course this would only be true if the car was a 1967 and had 1967 wiring.

Attachments

• WP_20131013_006.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 157
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. No it's black, (probably from reflection looks a little violet) and it is a 67. I didn't do any of these changeovers. They replaced the 3spd column manual with an auto trans so that's probably why the wire is left over because it wouldn't plug in or they just didn't hook it up like it appears they didn't do with the speedo either. Man I hate having to fix or undo other peoples half-assed modifications. Especially electrical.

You should be able to jump those two pins and turn the reverse lights

-
Back