Can anyone recommend a reliable transport service?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Might be needing transport cross country. It's difficult to sift through all the companies and reviews on line. It's 50/50 good and horror stories.

Anyone have success with any particular company that you would use again?

I'd like to be able to use Intercity or Horseless Carriage, but they're a little pricey. DAS always comes up as does Angels something or other and Express Auto Transport.

Sorry to all the little guys out there hustling, but I'd probably prefer to use a larger nationally-known company. I'm open to suggestions though. I've done this a few times, the last company I used was OK but is now out of business.

East Coast guys have it tough. All the cars out here are rusty!

Thanks.

I,m useing United Auto Transport,I,m transporting a vehicle from Alabama to Oakville,Ontario Canada.A little pricey but GARANTEED to drop off vehicle at said time,no hassle.And that,s exactly what I wanted.If you do check them out,ask for Harlem,He,ll answer any ???,s.Good Luck,so many to choose from.Did you sell that sweet little ride??

I,m useing United Auto Transport,I,m transporting a vehicle from Alabama to Oakville,Ontario Canada.A little pricey but GARANTEED to drop off vehicle at said time,no hassle.And that,s exactly what I wanted.If you do check them out,ask for Harlem,He,ll answer any ???,s.Good Luck,so many to choose from.Did you sell that sweet little ride??

Thanks for the tip, I'll look them up.

Yep, car is sold. It's actually being delivered to the new owner tomorrow.

Obviously I'm already looking into another project. It's a disease I tell ya!

Just make sure you're talking to the carrier and not a broker. All a broker does is "middleman" the sale for you and increase your expenses. Ask about insurance coverge etc. Don't expect it to show up when they say it will (although I was pleasantly surprised once). Ask lots of questions.
Daryl

DON,T BE SHY!WHAT,S YOUR OTHER PROJECT??YOU SEEM TO HAVE A GOOD EYE AND HAND,i,M CURIOUS,OH PLEASE DO TELL !!LMAO !!

I've used 2 guys - one to get a car from texas to North Dakota. The company is xcellerator transporting

[email protected] (James Goggin)

The other was a car from Oregon to North Dakota,
[email protected] (Phill Grover)

Phill actually lives in NY somewhere and usually does east to west stuff.

Both were very good, and I'd use them again in a second. I had reservations about shipping companies, and didn't want a big carrier. These guys have their own trucks and trailers and you won't be mass transported with a bunch of cars from a depot.

Darren

Might be needing transport cross country. It's difficult to sift through all the companies and reviews on line. It's 50/50 good and horror stories.

Anyone have success with any particular company that you would use again?

I'd like to be able to use Intercity or Horseless Carriage, but they're a little pricey. DAS always comes up as does Angels something or other and Express Auto Transport.

Sorry to all the little guys out there hustling, but I'd probably prefer to use a larger nationally-known company. I'm open to suggestions though. I've done this a few times, the last company I used was OK but is now out of business.

East Coast guys have it tough. All the cars out here are rusty!

Thanks.

I used Reliable Carriers Inc. to move a 70 cuda from Michigan to Texas and was very satisfied with the service. Check their website.

I recommend Worry Free Transport - website under than name. I've used them six times, price is very fair and they have always been on time or a little early in their delivery. Have a car coming from San Diego to Georgia as I write this. Tried DAS a couple of times - will never use them again. Good luck with it.

Were'nt We Supposed To Have A Tread Specifically For Transporting Tips??

Adam Please Help....

Were'nt We Supposed To Have A Tread Specifically For Transporting Tips??

Adam Please Help....

I asked in there first, but my post got lost in the shuffle. The transport network thread seemed like it was more for guys offering services or had a spot on their trailer, not recommendations on specific companies. I guess the threads could be combined if there was a way to do that? I've gotten some good leads through this post. I was looking for sort of a consumer report on transport companies.

I used TFX http://www.tfxinternational.com when we moved, 2 cars picked up at our house and delivered in the same hauler to our new home, no transferring the cars from trailer to trailer. You deal direct with the owner, no third party broker. Great service and communications, would use again.

Try ww.Uship.com
It can save you lots of money if the buyer and seller are patient. I live in northern Michigan and had great luck with it so far. Just this fall I had another Duster hauled in (when gas was still $4.00/gallon) from San Bernardino, CA for only $1,000.00. I also had a Dart Sport hauled in from the AZ/CA border two years ago for only $800.00, a 2000 Hyundai Tiburon from AL for $750.00, and a motorcycle brought in from the coast of Maryland for $400.00 all from that site.

I have two car trailers and couldn't get them that cheap even with a decent load heading out.

Definately do not use a broker!

I didn`t think the words reliable and transport service could be used in the same sentence. I`ve had poor service from two different transport companies. If I can dig up the paperwork for those two occasions I can tell you who not to use.

Here is a transporter I've used in the past with no problems, and usually are very reasonable. AAA All Star Transport. Ask for Lisa, @ 1-888-896-2938. They usually beat everyones price, and do a good job. I've used them 4 times in the past - trouble free. And if you need a enclosed transport, I'll find the number and post later. I received they're number from a member here at FABO. I'll post asap.

Here is a transporter I've used in the past with no problems, and usually are very reasonable. AAA All Star Transport. Ask for Lisa, @ 1-888-896-2938. They usually beat everyones price, and do a good job. I've used them 4 times in the past - trouble free. And if you need a enclosed transport, I'll find the number and post later. I received they're number from a member here at FABO. I'll post asap.
Here's the number to the enclosed transport that I got from a member, it's Covered Transport, @ 1-877-238-8383 . They're transporting my '62 max wedge car as we speak. The quote was $1200.00, but that was a $100.00 more because it's a non -op car. That may sound a little high, but for a enclosed trailer , that's pretty reasonable. Check around. But keep in mind that's a enclosed trailer, which tend to be a little more than 1 1/2 times more than a open transport. . :-D:-D For open transport, see above post. Hope this helps. :-D:-D

Thanks for all the info guys! Some good leads here.

Never bought the car I was looking into but this will help when I decide to get something if it's far away.

Maybe this could be a sticky and could be added to if people have good and bad experiences. Seems like a necessary part of the hobby nowadays especially for us here on the East Coast.

what about a car going across the line? doesn`t that get complicated???

Yes, most small carriers don't have insurance for crossing into Canada. The big guys do, if you don't mind having a depot involved.

I met my 2 guys (posted above) at the Pembina/Emerson North Dakota border and trailered the cars to Winnipeg. Easy.

Darren

what about a car going across the line? doesn`t that get complicated???

:toothy10:
Here's the number to the enclosed transport that I got from a member, it's Covered Transport, @ 1-877-238-8383 . They're transporting my '62 max wedge car as we speak. The quote was $1200.00, but that was a $100.00 more because it's a non -op car. That may sound a little high, but for a enclosed trailer , that's pretty reasonable. Check around. But keep in mind that's a enclosed trailer, which tend to be a little more than 1 1/2 times more than a open transport. . :-D:-D For open transport, see above post. Hope this helps. :-D:-D
:-D:-D FORGOT TO MENTION, THAT PRICE IS FOR TRANSPORT FROM: SACRAMENTO , CALIFORNIA, TO EAST OHIO. :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

I used Intercity. The car went from MI to NJ in 2 days. They were very reliable. they gave me updates every step of the way. The Car arrived on time. I would use them again.

Anyone used Musclecar Transport out of Kansas? Good reviews, seems like the perfect company to move old Mopars. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back