Can Chrysler still compete ?

-
hell yes ! and they are getting better !

BTW... I sell Acuras , M-B , Porsche , Volvo , Rovers and Jags...

Not only are they NOT selling, but when you go to shop for one, the dealer will NOT budge on the prices. Real smart.

seen (posted) an article a while back about Fiat (Chrysler?) laying off some folks thanks to the new Darts lackluster sales. So much for all the chest thumping from folks on here saying that the car was a great idea...and that the car is a great car....

I like the Dart but I prefer a hatchback in that class which is why we're about 98% sure we're buying another Mazda 3. That and the fact that our current 2010 3 has only required routine maintenance in the almost 5 years we've owned it and is hugely fun to drive with the 2.5 and 6 speed manual.
Unless I can suddenly afford a new Challenger R/T or SRT that is. Not much likelihood of that.

Steve

The dealers around here are loosening the purse strings a bit. My buddy Confusedcuda just got a 1.8 liter turbo six speed. Brand new 2013 for $15,500...down from $19,100 sticker price.

I know the car is technically a year old but with 0 miles it's new to me.

Thats a good start if they want to sell more.

I posted this article on moparts a coue weeks ago.

Looks like a failure to me. Dealers really screw the pooch too.

From people I've talked to and seen post they went in looking at darts and came out with something else because they wouldn't budge on the darts price. They ended up with a pricer car cheaper because of rebates and all. It's no wonder why dart sales suck.

Truck sales are good though it seems.

Many times the dealers ruin a car by holding the buyers hostage if they want it.

They are cars, sell them at fair price and treat the people good they will tell friends and come back for the next purchase.

Screw everyone every time and they end up going somewhere else and also tell their friends and they go somewhere else too.

Dealers are so greedy. A manufacturer sets a price to market to a demographic and then the dealers want to make more money so they mark them up.

It should be illegal for a dealer to go above MSRP without adding value.

Not in the market for a new car but any dealer that would add to sticker on a run of the mill car should have to eat it.

On a new model to demand sticker no wonder they are not selling. Selling cars has always been about the deal. Most people like to deal and unless it is a GOT TO HAVE IT CAR that isn't made at 200,000 copies a year, make the deal and be happy. But too much GREED

I use to buy company cars and one time they wanted a new model Buick. Every dealer wanted list or more. Called a mid size dealer and told them what I was looking for and that I pay $100 over invoice and no BS fees. They said no problem they aren't married to the cars they are in the business to sell car. The next day I bought it and everyone was happy.

I did sit in a new dart at the new car show and thought it was roomy. Looks like a little charger

"Chrysler" can no longer compete with anything, however Fiat can.

I was happy enough with my 2012 200 purchase, from Rairdon's CJD of Monroe, that I went back about 6 months later to buy a 2013 Avenger SXT Blacktop. I wasn't impressed with the dealers in Kirkland, Everett, Smokey Point, or Tacoma. All Dodge dealers. My GF daughter said the the Puyallup Dodge dealer was just as creepy as the one in Tacoma. I'd say it's more to do with the dealership employees. I bought two vehicles from the old Dodge dealership in Lynnwood ( Both Durango's BTW LOL! ) and would have gone back had it still been there. I was disappointed in Chrysler/Fiat for dropping the Avenger for 2015. I am hoping the rumors of a 2016 midsized RWD 2dr come true. I may have to jump back into the market for one of those.

j

Didn't Chrysler "thin the herd" based on politics a couple years back..got rid of some really good dealers ?

Didn't Chrysler "thin the herd" based on politics a couple years back..got rid of some really good dealers ?

they sure did. around here they killed off the good dealer and kept the crooks.

they killed off berlin chrysler/plymouth which had been around forever. killed off Jarrett dodge in hatboro pa. another one that had been around forever. they also killed off lenihan jeep which was around for as long as i can remember. they sold a ton of jeeps. i'd say 90% of the jeeps in this area had the lenihan decal on them. now jeep buyers have to deal with the crooks in cherry hill... same with dodge buyers cherry hill is the closest and those guys are horrible all the way around. chrysler its woodbury or swedesboro and i wouldn't recommend either of those to anyone.. plus you are talking 40 minutes away to get your car serviced. then another 40 minute ride back to the dealer to get them to fix what they screwed up the first time...

they sure did. around here they killed off the good dealer and kept the crooks.

Yeah, they kept a dealer that tried to screw me back in the 80's on my Laser. They went so far as to send a guy from the "zone office" to Mopar Nationals to get a picture of me running my car down the track. Then the zone guy and the service manager tried to tell me that my car "no longer was under warranty because they don't warranty for those conditions".

However my dad called a dealer that he dealt with for 20 years that told him if we weren't sent a notice that my warranty was cancelled IN WRITING, then it should still be covered. We were NEVER sent anything in writing, and the car was still under warranty...

I have not, and will not ever go to Mancari Chrysler Dodge in Oak Lawn, IL again.

Chrysler will knowingly send out cars with defects instead of correcting them (to save money). They think that it costs less to send out inferior cars and pay warranty than to fix a few hundred of them with "known defects".

It's all about the money and profit, not quality to them. They don't realize that the poor quality drives their customers away....

Chrysler will knowingly send out cars with defects instead of correcting them (to save money). They think that it costs less to send out inferior cars and pay warranty than to fix a few hundred of them with "known defects".

It's all about the money and profit, not quality to them. They don't realize that the poor quality drives their customers away....

its not just chrysler thats for sure..

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/wr...n-to-the-bad-old-days-2014-04-17?pagenumber=1

The dodge dealer I went to would not budge one dollar when I was looking at the new dart. The cars are not selling so they are trying to squeeze every penny they can when someone wants a new car. I finally said forget it and got a used jeep instead and still didn't budge one bit on the price and wouldn't even work with me on a trade in. He wanted to give me $2000 when my car was valued at $7000.

its not just chrysler thats for sure..

Yes, they do. They figure that it may be cheaper to pay the warranty than to sort and fix the defective parts.

They are only looking at short term profits with blinders on. They don't realize that the crappy quality drives customers away.

They "talk the talk" when it comes to warranty, but they don't "walk the walk" when they have to....

I like the Dart but I prefer a hatchback in that class which is why we're about 98% sure we're buying another Mazda 3. That and the fact that our current 2010 3 has only required routine maintenance in the almost 5 years we've owned it and is hugely fun to drive with the 2.5 and 6 speed manual.
Unless I can suddenly afford a new Challenger R/T or SRT that is. Not much likelihood of that.

Steve

Been driving Mazdas for years as well. Right now my daily is a 2012 Mazda 2 with the 5 speed manual. Can't be the 32,000 miles with absolutely zero problems, nothing but oil changes. And 37 mpg. Mopars and Mazdas...

The dodge dealer I went to would not budge one dollar when I was looking at the new dart. The cars are not selling so they are trying to squeeze every penny they can when someone wants a new car. I finally said forget it and got a used jeep instead and still didn't budge one bit on the price and wouldn't even work with me on a trade in. He wanted to give me $2000 when my car was valued at $7000.

This must be the "new" thinking.

My a--hole neighbor that has his house up for sale (by owner) for the last year for $777 k and can't sell it, has just RAISED the price to $787 k....

Usually if something doesn't sell, you LOWER the price to sell it, instead of RAISE the price.

I would love to see him gone, but I don't think that it will happen soon enough... :banghead:

The headline in the article mentions the Big 3.

Funny how in the second paragraph he says 6 million Toyotas are being recalled and Toyota recently paid a $1.2 billion dollar penalty...

Also BMW is recalling 480,000 vehicles for a screw falling out that could damage the engine. My 2002 Mini Cooper (made by BMW) has had 26 recalls attached to it...so much for German engineering.

Some car companies always seem to get a free pass when it comes to these things.

I always buy new Fords since my dad retired from there, so I know the deal I will get before I walk through the door.

I have owned several Chryslers, bought all of them used, since I have never had a good experience with any of the Chrysler dealers I have walked into.

I am thinking of buying a Dart down the road...I like the styling but not the price...and it would be a used one if I pull the trigger.

Paul

It also doesn't help that car prices go up every year and nothing new is ever added.... damn near have to pay $20000 and your lucky to get anything past power locks and windows

The headline in the article mentions the Big 3.

Funny how in the second paragraph he says 6 million Toyotas are being recalled and Toyota recently paid a $1.2 billion dollar penalty...

Also BMW is recalling 480,000 vehicles for a screw falling out that could damage the engine. My 2002 Mini Cooper (made by BMW) has had 26 recalls attached to it...so much for German engineering.

Some car companies always seem to get a free pass when it comes to these things.

I always buy new Fords since my dad retired from there, so I know the deal I will get before I walk through the door.

I have owned several Chryslers, bought all of them used, since I have never had a good experience with any of the Chrysler dealers I have walked into.

I am thinking of buying a Dart down the road...I like the styling but not the price...and it would be a used one if I pull the trigger.

Paul

When it comes to recalls, the American manufacturers certainly aren't lacking. Select the car you like best, and research the recalls on it. In many cases the number of recalls is "too many to list".

Recalls are a fact of life with any, and all brands, and any and all models of those brands, and they NEVER go away. I received a recall on my 86 Dodge van about 5 or 6 years ago.

Anybody notice that Ram and Jeep were split from everything else? there is a reason for it, its all fiat needs...

-
Back