Can I get some opinions from those who know?

-

DragginMAster

Reaction score
I am considering getting rid of the Death mobile (68 dodge dart 280 4 door) to clean out the garage and let me move on with some other projects.

I would love to either trade it for a truck, some wood working tools or sell her for cash.

My problem is, I am not entirely sure what value I could reasonably assign to her.

This is my thread here at fabo for her restoration:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=19513

not exactly the most current i know, when I get her out of the garage next time I am home (went back to over the road trucking) will snap some pictures.

but the run down on her features

360 bored .060 over, keith black pistons and a slightly better than stock cam. Edelbrock performer instake, carter 625 4 barrel carb. I have a dual snorkel orange air cleaner than fits on her but is not correct its off a road runner I am told and says 440.
headers
new radiator
new manual steering box
flaming river steering adapter
disc brake off 73 dart
8.25" rear end, large bolt pattern all the way around
rally wheels
bucket seats up front out of I dont know what, re upholstered rear seat with enough material to do the front seats (aint had time or money)
center console installed with a second for parts
rewired with painless wiring harness

fenders came off a 69 dart and were modified.
a little body damage in various spots, primary covering is primer, got it with a bad repaint, white over tan.

had a small patch put on the driver side quarter and a small patch inside the trunk
new winshield, new gasket
new trunk seal
repainted the inside of the engine compartment when the engine was out

no carpet inside as the original green was in bad shape so i took it out.

the more I write the more I get the impression I aint going to get much and should simply finish the work I started.

great solid drive train and alot of great parts that would swap over to a two door.

did not put this in the for sale thread cuz I am not looking for offers, just advice.

You will almost certainly not get out of it anywhere near what you've put into it, so unless it absolutely has to be gone, keep it, finish it, drive it and enjoy it.

If your experience is anything like mine, a 4 door is worth more in parts than a whole car. If you like 4 doors, fix it and drive it. If you would rather have a two door, wait until you find a good candidate and swap over all your parts. If you want neither, expect to take a bath on what you have invested.

-
Back