Can I lift the rear with shackles?

-
Shackles are for Chevys. Mopar geometry dictates that the spring will just flatten out.

You forgot to mention that you have to put rabbits in the trunk. :blob:

haha ... yeah please no insane looking long shackles or shackles in any case :blob:

i put the Super stock rear combo springs and shocks. its a bit bumpy but used to it now. (damn rabbits)

i got a 4 inch lift wondering of ways to lower it at least an inch... originally wanted a 2 inch lift as well...

with new stock shocks and springs i think i would of gotten that,. :banghead:

i like the SS look though... debating on the HMEI hood.:violent2:

PLEASE do NOT do this. Unfortunately, this "got started" some time ago and............

Thunderbolt-and-Lightfoot-Fury.jpg

Yes please please please do not do this. My sister almost lost her life when the vehicle she was driving with extended/lift shackles rolled due to binding after hitting a bump and then bending. Good ol' auto zone lift shackles.

I don't care what the internet "experts" think or say. I've seen this first hand and it's not worth it. And I have the pictures and my sister has the scars to prove it and is just now learning to walk again, 10 months later.

Sure, you might get away with it, that vehicle did for about 2 years, but for safety sake. Do not, do not do this.

Hey, I'm not too far away from you. I'm just at the end of the 71. Anyway, I would keep the original shackles on. Also, by jacking up the rear, you're putting your weight higher which can make the car more difficult to drive around a corner.

this is very true after i put the SS combo on mine. i had to completely rebuild my front end. front suspension was just too worn.
i installed complete new shocks & MOOG new front end. bushings, rods, arms. etc.... feels like new car now. :coffee2:

I must say the Thunderbolt and light foot Plymouth is pretty cool.

Not me, I was extremely embarrassed when "that thing" popped up. I got the distinct impression, that rather than being a "movie car" the producers simply bought it off some hick LMAO

These may very well be, however, "movie" shackles

snap371.3.jpg

A fitting end, doncha think, for such a great "handling package?"

6050p.8062.jpg

Would only recommend shackles on a Mopar to a jerk. Typically, the spring develops a reverse curve behind the rear axle.

Recommend contacting McVeigh Truck Springs or Eaton Detroit Spring for a custom build.

Not me, I was extremely embarrassed when "that thing" popped up. I got the distinct impression, that rather than being a "movie car" the producers simply bought it off some hick LMAO

These may very well be, however, "movie" shackles

snap371.3.jpg

A fitting end, doncha think, for such a great "handling package?"

6050p.8062.jpg

Not enough rabbits.....

Oh, if only they had put on huge mudflaps, a CB antenna on the deck lid and a trailer hitch then that Plymouth wouldn't have rolled. To increase the handling, a 9 inch diameter steering wheel is mandatory as well as front fender flares. Amateurs!!!

i have the SS set up on mine 4 inch raise from tire to fender well :l cant wait for mine to flatten out 1-2 inches.... :happy1: #-o

SS Springs don't count. That's different. You did turn your front hangers over. Right? Of course that statement alone is thought provoking. Nobody has ever designed, patented and fabricated an adjustable front hanger that could and would adjust the height of the back end. Here's someones chance to get rich.

SS Springs don't count. That's different. You did turn your front hangers over. Right? Of course that statement alone is thought provoking. Nobody has ever designed, patented and fabricated an adjustable front hanger that could and would adjust the height of the back end. Here's someones chance to get rich.

i originally did not no :( wish i would of remembered that.

i am only one man and have cheap tools & lack of tools after i finished the susp. swap i felt like my life was drained haha...
soon after realized i installed the front hangers upright correctly and not turned to get that lower set up and so i left it that way since i don't think i can do it my self again. it was hard. :burnout: #-o

will do it once i regain my energy & will. haha " A kid i KIDD' ... SOON though i hope.

what if i counter the header for this thread and buy "shorter" EOM style shackles for my situation?

(thought) ......

i originally did not no :( wish i would of remembered that.

i am only one man and have cheap tools & lack of tools after i finished the susp. swap i felt like my life was drained haha...
soon after realized i installed the front hangers upright correctly and not turned to get that lower set up and so i left it that way since i don't think i can do it my self again. it was hard. :burnout: #-o

will do it once i regain my energy & will. haha " A kid i KIDD' ... SOON though i hope.

I can give you a hand with it any time you want.....You live near by and I have plenty of tools...
Just an offer!

Jeff

I put the little red lights on the back of my traction bars on my first car (73 javelin) . Way - way back in the day portland had the third largest cruise strip in the United States . It was something some of us kids did to look cool on the cruise strip.

I put the little red lights on the back of my traction bars on my first car (73 javelin) . Way - way back in the day portland had the third largest cruise strip in the United States . It was something some of us kids did to look cool on the cruise strip.

In 1973, would it have been "boss", "groovy", "cool", or "bitchin'"?!!!!!

My cousin had 67 sport fury. To gain some height he flipped the Axel over and bolted it under the springs(like a pickup) The bumper was above my waist. But the kicker was he had one forward gear and three reverses!! No ****! My Dad warned us, we thought he was full of it! When that thing shifted in reverse I pissed my pants laughing!

-
Back