Can i use these 70 charger seats

-

J.B.

Reaction score
I have a 1971 Dodge Demon 340 that came with beautiful buckets that i assumed were A body demon/duster but i did research and they are B body buckets. The brand new floor plans have welded brackets and are prepped to be drilled for buckets. The question is will these buckets work in the same bucket seat holes? I dont want to spend several thousand dollars between buying buckets and new covers if these will work.

71797607762__ED3A33EA-4B22-44DF-857A-A3BD9C7D08F0.jpeg

A,B,E body cars used the same seat, just different material, and brackets. Use them with A body brackets.

The 1970 Charger seats seem to show up in sales ads for a LOT of money. If originality isn't that important, you could sell these, buy aftermarket seats that weigh less, offer more support and cost a lot less.

The 1970 Charger seats seem to show up in sales ads for a LOT of money. If originality isn't that important, you could sell these, buy aftermarket seats that weigh less, offer more support and cost a lot less.
What aftermarket seats that have bolt up applications that you know of?

What aftermarket seats that have bolt up applications that you know of?
If you're a car guy, you'll find a way to modify almost any seat track to fit your car. I've modified numerous seats to fit into cars that they weren't designed for. That is part of building a car your way.
Corbeau seats are one that I've considered that are supposed to have compatible seat tracks to fit.

I have a 1971 Dodge Demon 340 that came with beautiful buckets that i assumed were A body demon/duster but i did research and they are B body buckets. The brand new floor plans have welded brackets and are prepped to be drilled for buckets. The question is will these buckets work in the same bucket seat holes? I dont want to spend several thousand dollars between buying buckets and new covers if these will work.

View attachment 1716156721
Those seats are beautiful !!!! There is no way in heck, that I wouldn't use those in my Demon. And if those are 1970 bucket seats, that is a one year only seat. Same seat they put in the 1970 Hemi cars, and 340 Dart & Duster. I have these in my 70 Dart. Being they are 1 year only, they go for BIG bucks !!!!!

Take a picture from the side, and post a pic here. I will let you know if they are 70 seats.

Here ya go @Johnny Dart they are i fantastic shape just didnt know with having a factory 340 demon if that is looked down on

71797613920__21F447AB-D871-4C8B-A63B-67731F147277.jpeg

71797613106__204212F0-9D50-4399-93B5-9375BDD93805.jpeg

Those are 1 year only 1970 buckets.
70 seats have a separate (pot metal) cover for the seat forward button, and a separate seat back. 71 & up
the seat back and forward button cover are all 1 plastic piece.

Those seats in the condition they are in, would fetch $1000 & up.

I would get a set of A body tracks, and bolt them in.

I had a set just like them that were leather some of them really go for high dollar

I have the correct ones and I would rather have yours...lmao

20231007_161752.jpg

You should be able to use 71-74 B/E tracks as well.
IIRC the only difference is a slight variation in height.
If "correct" Mopar tracks came with them, you should be good to go.

1970- early 71 actually.
The hinge covers bring as much as the frames.
Need A body tracks as stated. B/E tracks have a different bolt spacing to the floor than A body.
Matching a cover for the rear seat might be tricky.

Those are 1 year only 1970 buckets.
70 seats have a separate (pot metal) cover for the seat forward button, and a separate seat back. 71 & up
the seat back and forward button cover are all 1 plastic piece.

Those seats in the condition they are in, would fetch $1000 & up.

I would get a set of A body tracks, and bolt them in.
Sounds great thats what i will do then

If you must have it, the original Demon seat covers
(front & back) plus seat foam is available at legendaryautointeriors.com

Little pricey, but nobody does it better.
Have the complete set in my 70 Dart. Magnifico !!!!

-
Back