Can Someone Look @ a Dart for Me in WI?

-

CNTLOSE

It is what it is.
Reaction score
I am looking at a car on ebay as I posted in another thread. The car is located in Sun Prairie, WI. Does anyone live close that would be willing to look at this car and verify the sellers info for me?

Thanks

Well... It's about 70mi for me. Which is about 1hr 40mins...

It's one of those things... It's not too far, but not real close either. It's the gas it would take to get there too...

Anyone closer?

I looked it up. Thats a lot of cash dude.

I'd say 4,500 or $5,000. But that is just me.

a 318, it doesn't say the mileage either. I guess you could call.

Brown Dash, Green seats, black engine bay??

ahh??? I don't know??? There is a reason no on bid on it yet. I mean it's cool, but personally not at the price he's asking. IMHO.

If you want it though, I understand. I wouldn't hate you for it or anything. :toothy10:

If need be I will paypal someone the gas and lunch money for checking it out and taking some pictures for me. For some reason this car has just hit the right string with me.

If need be I will paypal someone the gas and lunch money for checking it out and taking some pictures for me. For some reason this car has just hit the right string with me.

Now there is an offer. Is this offer good all the way from Oklahoma since I want a road trip anyway?

Just kidding of course.

I looked it up. Thats a lot of cash dude.

I'd say 4,500 or $5,000. But that is just me.

a 318, it doesn't say the mileage either. I guess you could call.

Brown Dash, Green seats, black engine bay??

ahh??? I don't know??? There is a reason no on bid on it yet. I mean it's cool, but personally not at the price he's asking. IMHO.

If you want it though, I understand. I wouldn't hate you for it or anything. :toothy10:

Granted I have only been looking a short time, but everything I seem to come across in the 5k range is either needing rust repair, engine repair, or interior completed. Might just be that is what is out there for now. I seem to have more people telling me it is overpriced than a good deal so that says a lot. This is the fender tag pic he sent. It obviously has been removed at some point. It is brown which was the original color according to the seller. (That is what is on the title.)

securedownload.jpg

I guess it is starting to look more like a re-bodied car possibly. Can anyone decode some of that for me...or point me in the direction to do it myself.

Thanks!

Well... Let me think about this if no one else offers. I have to talk to the wife and stuff. I don't think she'd like me just taking off. There is only a day left. I'd have to go tomorrow, and it would be a 3 1/2 hour round trip.

Let me think about it.

Okay, no rush. I am not planning on buying it in a day. I have been talking with the seller and he knows I am wanting someone to look at it before I even think of buying. Plus might be able to get it cheaper off of ebay.

Well, also it states it has a 71 front end, so it isn't really year correct. Then the mismatched colors on top of it?

I guess... That can all be changed, but then your spending that amount of money just to change things around anyway. Or just be happy with what it is? It's up to you though obviously.

Like I say, it's cool... but?? I don't know if it's that cool.

Well, also it states it has a 71 front end, so it isn't really year correct. Then the mismatched colors on top of it?

I guess... That can all be changed, but then your spending that amount of money just to change things around anyway. Or just be happy with what it is? It's up to you though obviously.

Like I say, it's cool... but?? I don't know if it's that cool.

The price is pretty high for a car with all the wrong parts in my opinion.

Yeah I kinda liked the "custom" work done on it. Figured since it is an original 225 slant 6 car being original would never be worth much. Which is good because I am not one for mod'n rare original classics.

I am glad I joined this site. A lot of good info and people here. I wrote the seller and asked what his bottom dollar will be off of ebay. I guess I will wait and see what his reply is before deciding to pursue this car further or just keep looking.

Yea...I'll be away for awhile. but I'll check around for you too. Is your heart set on a Dart?

Oh, when you talk to him, be sure to mention all the things that we pointed out too.
It's not like the car is all original... Which is just one more reason in my option you shouldn't pay that much for it either.
If someone else does, don't feel bad, he their will be others and you may just end up being the guy that found the better deal.

Yea...I'll be away for awhile. but I'll check around for you too. Is your heart set on a Dart?

Oh, when you talk to him, be sure to mention all the things that we pointed out too.
It's not like the car is all original... Which is just one more reason in my option you shouldn't pay that much for it either.
If someone else does, don't feel bad, he their will be others and you may just end up being the guy that found the better deal.

Yeah, I probably have drove him nuts. Everytime I learned something on this site I would ask him to check it out...hence the picture of the fender tag. Which brought up the issue of the rebodied car since the dash and fender tag may or may not have been from this car.

I do not think the seller himself is trying to pull anything. He has answered all of my questions and did anything I asked. He purchased it from a collector who used it as a driver. The guy reportedly had a garage full of old Challengers and Chargers. The guy could have just pieced this one together from all the spare parts he had and gave it a nice paint job. Patience is a virtue...at least that is what they say.

Ah, I don't think it's re tagged. Even if it was, who cares? It's not original anyway.

Check out this car, it's pretty bad ***! It's not a A-body and may not be your style... but I think its pretty cool. I guess just to show you there are other cars out there.

This has a 440, and center console too.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1737212955.html

This one has been for sale for a while, it looks pretty stock, but it's original with 33,000 mi! If you read towards the bottom, he has magnum wheels with tires for sale, a scoop, and a Dart stripe. Thats all you'd need right there. If it's still for sale, he might even take a good offer?

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1694502560.html

Ah, I don't think it's re tagged. Even if it was, who cares? It's not original anyway.

Check out this car, it's pretty bad ***! It's not a A-body and may not be your style... but I think its pretty cool. I guess just to show you there are other cars out there.

This has a 440, and center console too.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1737212955.html

This one has been for sale for a while, it looks pretty stock, but it's original with 33,000 mi! If you read towards the bottom, he has magnum wheels with tires for sale, a scoop, and a Dart stripe. Thats all you'd need right there. If it's still for sale, he might even take a good offer?

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1694502560.html

The first one is a little big for me...lol. The Scamp sounds nice, just not big on the '73 up nose...but it looks nice. I found another Scamp on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140407209176&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Would be one to buy and leave alone...similar to that '73 one. hmmm

Yea, that one looks cool. At least see what it goes for, if anything to use as a bargining chip with the other guy.

That one has a slant 6 too. The other one has a 318. However at least with the slant 6 this does seem like a original car.

I see rust bubbling under the vinyl top though. That sucks ***. If I were you I'd get that fixed right away. That just eats and eats and eats the roof. Pretty soon you have holes everywhere and a vinyl top to cover it.

That Scamp is right for the money!
I don't care for the '73 up nose either but that is a nice car for $5,000.00!

Later,
Bruce B.

Check out this 72 Dart, 32,000 original miles with a rebuilt 340
its on racingjunk.com ad# 1885358
looks to be a nice ride
sorry I dont know how to add a link

Yea, that one is nice! That's close to me too! :)

Did that guy get back to you on how low he'd go?

It is a nice Dart.Just wondering why it looks to have single exhaust?But at $7000,I dont know.If he swapped out the /6 for the V8,I would ask him what brakes are on it,the size of the rear end.Ask as much questions as you can before making a bid and go with your instincts.

I am looking at a car on ebay as I posted in another thread. The car is located in Sun Prairie, WI. Does anyone live close that would be willing to look at this car and verify the sellers info for me?

Thanks

PM'd ya about a car we would sell you!:cheers:

If ya want to come out for a test drive PM me back or call, I put my number on that PM I sent ya!!

Do you like "Sleepers"?

Yea, that one is nice! That's close to me too! :)

Did that guy get back to you on how low he'd go?

Does not sound like he has much room to move on it. He bought it last fall and changed out the steering box. I am guessing $7500 is what he has in it. I told him I was being told that was a little high...

It is a nice Dart.Just wondering why it looks to have single exhaust?But at $7000,I dont know.If he swapped out the /6 for the V8,I would ask him what brakes are on it,the size of the rear end.Ask as much questions as you can before making a bid and go with your instincts.

The main problem is the seller knows really nothing about it. He bought it as is, so he has no idea on what was done to the motor, trans, or rearend. All he can say is the motor is "built" the trans. is freshly painted bright blue, and the car has a rearend. http://s1027.photobucket.com/albums/y332/dusterthebuster/

Also it has drum brakes so that would be $400-$900 upgrade it would need before I took it on any long cruises or long distance car shows. I really wish it was closer so I could look at it, touch it, and feel all warm and fuzzy about it.

Here is the link he sent me with more pics. Maybe some of you will be able to pick out some good and bad.
http://s1027.photobucket.com/albums/y332/dusterthebuster/

-
Back