can u order fender tags?

-
Yes you can get any fender Data tag made its $275 for one and $425 for a double. you need to list the vin and options. I just had one made without a BC sheet. You need to do the homework they will not. You also need pics of the car and its options and a tracing of the VIN. Search the web for repop data plates.

in my case,I`d like to have a feder tag supporting what I`ve done to the car on it,which wasn`t even an option in 68, so there`d be no fraud possible--------bob

I disagree with you Bob.
This comment isn't directed at you personally, but to everyone contemplating this.
There have been cases where Chrysler has put options on cars that were not generally available on that year or car. The fender tag and build sheet will support this, therefore documenting it as original to the car as it left the factory.
Dealer installed items like say spoilers, tach, stripes, wheels, even whole 6 pack set ups on 340 engines were known to be dealer installed with factory over the counter parts and a lot of people insist it was original to the car when in fact it was not installed at the factory. The only way to document these additions to the car before it was sold new is with the selling dealer's list of upgrades or invoice and nothing else. Places like Grand Spaulding Dodge in Chicago were famous for doing these type of upgrades to cars before they were sold new for example. A GSS Demon with a 340 and a Paxton Supercharger is a good example.
Sold new this way?......Yes!
Came from the factory this way?......Absolutely Not!
Anyone can say that his or her car came new with whatever equipment installed on it, but without documentation, you can't prove it.
A dealer's invoice from Grand Spaulding to prove it's a real GSS package car would prove that's the way the car was delivered new, but the fender tag and broadcast (build) sheet would not support it. Only dealership paperwork and records could prove it.
Bottom line to me is, if you make a fender tag to represent the way the car is ''now'' but not as it left the factory is potential fraud.
You may have the best intentions thinking this is okay because you are not building the car for sale, and don't intend on representing it as original, but you must remember that all cars sell eventually and that 30 years down the road, someone with a decoding book will look at the fender tag and believe it is original to the car and think it came that way.
A lot of people really don't know how to truly check a car out to see if it has matching numbers, let alone options. Most people rely on books etc. to get their info. and check out the fender tag to document it initially. If it has no build sheet with the car then oh well ''The fender tag says...."
Maybe i should get a fender tag made up for my '74 Dart Sport that states that it came with a 426 Hemi, 4 speed and a 4:10 Dana and let your grandchildren buy it thinking that it is one of Dick Landy's old cars that Chrysler specially built for him to use. (For example.)
The car was actually born a slant 6, but for ***** and giggles you could start a very messy situation. And people have done this for financial gain.
How would anybody feel about this?
Hard to prove or disprove in 30 or 40 years, the fender tag by ten will look aged the same as the car by then.
Unless you had the real documentation.
Counterfeiting and fraud. That's what it all ends up being in the long run.
And that's why any reproduction company worth their salt won't reproduce a fender tag or broadcast sheet for these cars without any iron clad proper documentation.
Don't even get me started on serial number swaps!
Rant over.
Tom.

Point taken, if you were to sell the car it would not be appropriate to sell it with a fake tag. The reason why I inquired about this is to document what options I know my car has. I like Colomopar's idea of putting a visible "Clone" on the tag tho so as to not deceive someone. Purely from a hobbyist point of view, its like building a car the way you would have ordered it from the factory. It is certainly not my intention to make a fake car to sell for profit. I will exhaust all means necessary to track down all of the correct information for my car before considering something like this.

-
Back