can you convert the front of a 73 duster to a 70-72?

-

eviper21

Reaction score
if so what would it need?

hood fenders and grille?

just curious, looks like its possible

need the entire front clip.. its a bolt on deal..

this is actually a 73 duster we did years ago.. it also has the older tail light panel in it too..

DSC00997.JPG

Tail panel is the hard part. Lot of cutting of spot welds to get the old one off and then welding a replacment on. Front is an easy blt of deal. Need a hood, fenders, bumper and brackets.

You can do anything you want to.Just study it and go for it.
I made my Demon out of a Duster and now I'm in the process
of converting my 74 Scamp into Well I don't know what to call
it-----Good luck

Attachments

• demon.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 296
  • scamp%20rear.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 252
  • $(KGrHqN,!k8E5YPWCNq(BOfzOTNP-!~~60_12.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 225
  • empty rear.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 234
  • final fit.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 248
No need to replace the hole clip, just hood, grill, bumper, lower valance and upper cross piece ( don't know what they call it) latch assy. May have to make a couple small L brackets can't remember. But the fenders don't need to be changed.

No need to replace the hole clip, just hood, grill, bumper, lower valance and upper cross piece ( don't know what they call it) latch assy. May have to make a couple small L brackets can't remember. But the fenders don't need to be changed.

This is true. The fenders are the same with the exception being the marker lights (and cutouts for them).

oh the fenders are the same? i thought they were different around the headlights...well thats cool. thanks guys, kinda figured as much...i helped my cousin convert his jetta into a gti front end, same thing

Ya sorry fenders are the same for the Dusters.

Did a Duster to Demon swap on mine and had to change out the fenders.

-
Back