Canadian Convertible

-

Hammer73

Reaction score
Hey there, been a long time reader on this forum, finally got some time and a bit of $$ to get this project started.Last summer I picked up a 1967 Dart GT convertible in Manitoba. I flew there and drove it back to my place (23 hr drive) in a 2 day cross country awesome summer drive with the top down. She drives ok, (3 speed auto, no OD) brakes are horribly heavy, exhaust leaks and desperately needs body and paint but sh'e in my garage and ready to receive some love.It has a factory 225 according to data plate, but no idea if its the original engine. Carter BBD 2bbl carb and 14 inch Cragers that may or may not be original. Any and all info is appreciated, hoping to have fun with this one!Lou

Rip out that /6 (or install a turbo if you opt to keep the /6) or drop in a V8 or your choice. I'd opt for a late 80s/early 90s LA 360 Roller block.

If you don't have disc brakes up front already, I'd plan on it (though 4 wheel disc would be better).

Also welcome to the club!

Welcome to FABO Hammer!! Yes, we'd like to see this summer cruiser of yours! Welcome to the convertible club also, they sure are nice on those summer evenings!! Enjoy!! Geof

finally figured out how to post some photos!... so here's the project, suggestions?

Attachments

• dart.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 80
  • dart1.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 87
  • dart2.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 88
  • dart3.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 86
  • dart4.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 91
  • dart6.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 72
  • dart5.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 84
  • dart9.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20121024_120450.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20121024_120459.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 82
Hi Lou, welcome to the site! That's a real nice 67 ragtop. I'd leave the /6 in the car because it's reliable, gets better mpg than an 8 cyl, and it keeps the car original.

Paul

Great ride...wouldn't touch a thing. Looks like it's in fantastic shape as is.

Wow-red with white trim- nice looking bucket seat convertible. Not too many guys can buy a car and run it two days home, and even fewer make the trip with the top down.
Your car is a premium model and came with 13" wheels and caps.

Good luck with the resto and watch your quarters if you use the bumper jack.

-
Back