Candy Cane Hardware

-

Urgerman

Reaction score
Anyone know where to buy the hardware to mount the candy cane trim and hood trim. Pls I have been looking and can't find any help thank you

384-40542...1965 Dart.... Candy Cane hardware kit (12 clips) $22.00 kit

Rick - do you happen to have a picture of what these clips look like? I did a search on Laysons.com and couldn't seem to find a pic. Thanks in advance!

I believe they are using the clips for the rear stainless trim, (top of quarter), with a slight bend. Also the original clips had a foam/ rubber spacer.

What about the rubber seal?
Going to have to count how many I need befor placing order

These look just like the vinyl top belt molding clips on my 74 Cuda is that correct?

I have no idea what your belt molding clips look like.

One of our local customers who purchased a pair of the candy canes used the clips in my pic to mount his canes with, and they came out PERFECT.

If you want rubber on the threaded portion of the clips, you can use body dum dum

Roger thank you again for the information I will be going to the website to buy thanks.

I believe these clips will work on the candy cane moldings. They are the same clips that fit the moldings on the stainless piece on each side of the rear quarter panel that run from the tail lights to the rear window trim on a '65 & '66 Dart GT.
More Information for AUVECO 2744

The cost is US$.41 each, minimum of 50 plus shipping and tax.

I believe these clips will work on the candy cane moldings. They are the same clips that fit the moldings on the stainless piece on each side of the rear quarter panel that run from the tail lights to the rear window trim on a '65 & '66 Dart GT.
More Information for AUVECO 2744

The cost is US$.41 each, minimum of 50 plus shipping and tax.
I just ordered them. I have 2 65 darts that I have 2 complete candy cane trim sets for. I have been just waiting on clips. The silver car has damaged candy canes with only a few clips holding them on. Thanks you for sharing.

366D0E1E-B6B5-4863-BB61-D77DD7E2B6BC.jpeg

Glad to be able to help. Much cheaper than other vendors!

The nuts with the rubber sealant are available at 25 for $12.00 including tax and shipping from:
Altha Fastener
P O Box 235
Altha, FL 32421
850-762-2179
www.althafastner.com
[email protected]
John Ruscito, Owner

I sent my candy canes, which I thought were ruined to Lee Scott in Ft. Wayne, IN who repaired them somehow, polished them and they look like new. Much cheaper than repops. PM me for his phone #. He doesn't anodize them, but if kept waxed, they shouldn't oxidize.

Last edited:
Glad to be able to help. Much cheaper than other vendors!

The nuts with the rubber sealant are available at 25 for $12.00 including tax and shipping from:
Altha Fastener
P O Box 235
Altha, FL 32421
850-762-2179
www.althafastner.com
[email protected]
John Ruscito, Owner

I sent my candy canes, which I thought were ruined to Lee Scott in Ft. Wayne, IN who repaired them somehow, polished them and they look like new. Much cheaper than repops. PM me for his phone #. He doesn't anodize them, but if kept waxed, they shouldn't oxidize.
Good to know. I have a band new set of repops that I was lucky to be able to score when a bought the silver dart and my other set only needs polished. No dents or bends.

So I received those clips today. Do I need to modify them they don’t sit centered?

5C3B8F2B-8630-49BF-879D-3DF78C4EFA5E.jpeg

757B4DBF-778E-4955-9A8E-F54BBE5F0398.jpeg

6728D890-9CDA-41E0-88A4-2BE73E4C440E.jpeg

I installed some last night. The way they install is counterintuitive, at least to me.
molding clip 2[1].jpg
molding clip1[1].jpg

Installed correctly, they self center. The bottom photo shows an original clip and a new one. The spring is very stiff, which is a good thing as it causes the clip to fit tightly in the molding. I used a little WD40 to assist in sliding them down the molding.

I installed some last night. The way they install is counterintuitive, at least to me.
View attachment 1715257452 View attachment 1715257454

Installed correctly, they self center. The bottom photo shows an original clip and a new one. The spring is very stiff, which is a good thing as it causes the clip to fit tightly in the molding. I used a little WD40 to assist in sliding them down the molding.
great. I did not even think about that. Thank you

-
Back