Cannot wrap my head around it --limo fire

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I'm sure by now you've all heard about the terrible limo fire. I'm having a TOUGH time wrapping my brain around several issues

1--I saw a couple of interviews of the driver, and he didn't look to me like he had a hair out of place or even worked up a sweat. Why wasn't he out of the car destroying a door, 'er somethin?

2--WHAT could have started this so fast? I dearly hope "we" the pubic, the ever vigilant regulatory agencies, have not allowed manufacturers to use easily ignitable interior materials

3--Were these women drinking everclear, or using nail polish remover? WHAT could possibly have started such a violent, fast moving fire that got so far out of hand?

4--Is there some unsafe modifications being done to these stretch vehicles, IE plastic fuel tanks in the trunk, etc?

And more to the point, think about that battery, that fuel cell, that rear firewall in YOUR car---is it really what should be there? Is your car's electrical and fuel system as safe as it might be?

why couldn't they just open the door and get out? was the car going down the road on fire? how could you not see that in your mirror. idk , the whole thing was strange to me

why couldn't they just open the door and get out? was the car going down the road on fire? how could you not see that in your mirror. idk , the whole thing was strange to me

X2---just one of several questions. Have "we" somehow now slid to the point where modified cars no longer have to have manual unlock, etc on the doors? As you say, part of why I simply cannot fathom all this.

Limo's are built much like a mobile home. Ever see one of those catch on fire? Takes just a few, and I mean just a few minutes for them to be fully engulfed. Another problem was there was one to many people in it and probably the worst problem, a language barrier between the driver and passengers. A sad and tragic situation.

I'm not being prejudice when I say this but I witnessed this morning a hispanic couple at Amscott, they spoke no english and the employees spoke no Spanish. I live in Florida but not Miami. I just don't understand how you can live and work in a country and not speak a lick of the language. Needless to say they left without getting any help there.

I have not heard any of the details as to the cause of the fire. One thought that I had was a massive fuel line leak which ignited and the fuel pump kept on pumping gas on the fire. That would be a catistrophic fire.

Jack

Looks to me the fire started at the back, by the doors. The only way out was through the partition which is how the 4 survivors got out and where the 5 victims were found. I am surprised there isn't some kind of easy release windows like on a bus.

Looks to me the fire started at the back, by the doors. The only way out .

The fact there evidently there were no "more forward" doors was not apparent to me earlier. Maybe it's time for a few safety regulations. Seems to me that even in case of a crash with NO fire, it makes sense to have doors at each end of the box.

I've known a few limo operator/owners over the years and my experience with the cars is that they are always clean as a whistle but may be mechanically unsound. Personally I would rather ride in a hay wagon.

Limo's are built much like a mobile home. Ever see one of those catch on fire? Takes just a few, and I mean just a few minutes for them to be fully engulfed. Another problem was there was one to many people in it and probably the worst problem, a language barrier between the driver and passengers. A sad and tragic situation.

I'm not being prejudice when I say this but I witnessed this morning a hispanic couple at Amscott, they spoke no english and the employees spoke no Spanish. I live in Florida but not Miami. I just don't understand how you can live and work in a country and not speak a lick of the language. Needless to say they left without getting any help there.

Isolated communities. I worked with an old Argentinian metal bender who didn't speak english so well, even though he has been here for over forty years.

My great grandmother was an import from Odessa. Her rule was that you could speak German in the house, but you only spoke English when you walked out the door.

Noticed all stretch limo's only have 1 rear door on either side. Any major accident at the rear and nobody is getting out. Sad but this is a perfect example, nobody got out the rear doors.

Don't these things have one or two sunroofs? I would think that would be an escape route. Still not sure on the circumstances. Spotty reporting at first led to odd details and then I got kind of disgusted with the whole thing.

Looks to me the fire started at the back, by the doors. The only way out was through the partition which is how the 4 survivors got out and where the 5 victims were found. I am surprised there isn't some kind of easy release windows like on a bus.

Faced with the choice of burning alive or going through the fire and out the door, I would take through the fire and out the door.....

Something is just weird about this entire situation.

A couple girls made it out thru the partition between drivers area and back (small openning). The ones that died were found there also waiting their turn to escape.

-
Back