Can't hook up '65 Barracuda Rear Shocks

-

one mile

Reaction score
I know this sounds stupid but I just bought a new set of KYB Shocks for my Dauters '65 Barracuda and when I went to bolt them on, the Angle seems to be too great between the upper mount and the lower Spring plate mounting bolts to slide them on ? What gives? I hope someone understands what I am saying....ANYBODY ? It looks like I need to bend the lower Shock mounting "Eye" to get it to line up with the upper bolt mount and the rubber bushings don't "Give" enough. HELP ! (Yes they are long enough and I ordered them for the car.):banghead:

If the shock mounts are not bent, and the new ones are dimensionally (sp?) the same as the old ones... Try supporting the car with jack stands, then jack the differential up a few of inches... It may make the angle a little more user friendly to push them on the mounts.....

yeah, what he said. I had a bear of a time with the ones on my 66 cuda but finally got them by suspending the rear and then jacking up one side of the rear to make the angle better.

I know Chrysler developed a wonderful suspension BUT would it be a crime to heat and bend the lower mounting plate to allow a better angle to mount the Shock to it? I am holding off till I hear from you Guys and Gals before I do anything. Oh by the way my Daughter is all over me to "GET ER DONE" so please help if you can, Thanks, Tim

-
Back