can't locate 67 body valve p/n on 1967 Mopar parts catalog

-

Vinz.Clortho

Reaction score
I had posted earlier about my shift kit body valve spacer plates bolt holes not lining up and 2 are way off. Started to research and could not find the main body valve pn (2801856) in the 67 Mopar parts catalog. Can't find it in 68 or 69 either. It has a 67 stamp on it. the valve body plate comes up correct (2801295) and the transmission number from the oil pan connection flange matches my 67' 273 cu in 2bbl barracuda. Valve bodies from other lines that year come close but not this one (there's a 2801865). Before this rebuild, nobody could ever get my kickdown to work. I'm hoping this might be the cause if it's incorrect part. Does anyone have any clue where this came from.
Thanks in advance.

Vinz

The new separator plate's pn is 1000042-06. It is from a B&M shift improvement kit. This is where my problem started. As stated in my first post, after running into the bolt hole problem (see attached if you want). I contacted Summit and found out this kit only works with 904's w/ V8's from 68 to 74, 904's w/slant six from 66 to ? and 727 w/ v8's from ..... mine is a 67 w/ 273. My mechanic friend did the ordering so I don't know who's fault. I have yet to find out the reason the 67 valve body doesn't work (only thing apparent is a reverse light switch was added in 68). Not worried about that anymore since i will heed the advice given to me on my first post and get a trans-go kit. just hope i can find my original separator plate. Thanks for the interest.

Vinz

Attachments

• deformed hole from tightening.JPG
    6.3 KB · Views: 118
  • missing bolthole.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 143
.......Is ur kit # 10226?..my plate # is the same except the last 2 #s r [04]......year it was made............yes, its the wrong 1 for ur vb, as u already know..........kim.......

At sometime they added a part throttle kickdown that might have changed the valve body design, maybe 68 V8 was the year.

Thanks Wheelz, for looking into that. I got two hits on google this time. don't know why they didn't show earlier. From a rebuild shop (see first pic below) and from ebay- "T'Flite Patty's Shop Mart: used valve body for 1968 Torqueflite 727 applications. Upper casting number is 2801856; lower casting number varies by application,"... So one says its 67 904 and one (who claims they have proof ID) states it's a 68 only application from a 727. Ah, yes, it's all clear now.

Wheelz, I've attached the data I got from my catalog. Does anyone know how to find out what the final update doc # was for the 67 Mopar Parts Catalog was?

Yes, Oldkimmer, It was 10226.

Thank you for your time Folks. The tranny is the last piece of this complete restore. I'd be more comfortable knowing the correct trans specs since whatever the mechanic did to the engine followed him to the grave.

Attachments

• 67 parts catalog 2.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 2801856 for 67.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 147
-
Back