Can't read cursive ???????

-
I wonder if it can be read in other languages except "AMERICAN" ?

The more I think about this, I can't believe people are so eager to throw away a skill that is so easy to learn. The librarian who ordered me some books on teaching cursive told me that even teachers are dismissing it as no longer important. People need to think things through before making knee-jerk reactions like this.

cursive-1.jpg

The more I think about this, I can't believe people are so eager to throw away a skill that is so easy to learn. The librarian who ordered me some books on teaching cursive told me that even teachers are dismissing it as no longer important. People need to think things through before making knee-jerk reactions like this.

what's knee jerk about it? It was taught until it ran out of its usefulness.

Why aren't you guys all upset about HS computer classes not teaching dos? dos is like computer cursive. Some of the greatest advancements in the world came from programs written in dos, and certainly learning to program line by line helps cognitive function. Now its fairly useless, unless you're at the IRS or do contract work for an antiquated company. So where is the hate and anger you all feel about the death of dos??

It is sad that the kid is being paid to do a job he can't do because he can't read. I don't understand why he can't read cursive. Just letters hooked together come on man.

His boss can teach him. Should only take a few minutes. He should not have to though. Should of learned it at that place you go as a kid to learn stuff. What's that place called? O ya school.

You want to know some thing i can read it but i caint wright it. What ya think bout that , You know what never mind I could care less bout what any one thinks . I can sign my name thats really all i need to know and i caint do that good.

It can't be read in American but can be read in ENGLISH!!... As well as many other languages which American is not....

Amazing,
I am not trying to do it but someone must. My kids were born in Hawaii on the big Island and talk about ignorance there. I filled out the stuff in cusive for my son and I was adopted and wanted to give them every chance in this new world and level the playing field, and filled out unknown for race, I have no idea wear my roots are and frankly really do not want to know. Well the the nurse said they could not read it so checked caucasion and I made them redo the birth certificate, Guess what after all the crap they issued him another one grudginling his 2 birth certificates looks just like the pres.. just have to add this to go somewhere else!
.http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zyu2jAD6sdo

This thread has been cleaned up & somewhat duplicated in the N&P forum. Many posts have been moved and/or copied to that forum.....

We have a N&P forum for political postings.....Please post them there and NOT in the general forums.

Also, the name calling in this thread was outta control.....Let's ALL take it easy please & be more respectful.

Not at all....Thanks :)[/QUOTE
lets continue then... tried to hire some kids to work in my Hops field, gave them instructions in cursive because it is easy for me after my customers leave ( figure it out retired, hops, beer) no clue what to do! Got rid of them the next day!

This thread has been cleaned up & somewhat duplicated in the N&P forum. Many posts have been moved and/or copied to that forum.....

We have a N&P forum for political postings.....Please post them there and NOT in the general forums.

Also, the name calling in this thread was outta control.....Let's ALL take it easy please & be more respectful.

At least that one will die, lol.

Huh? :scratch: Where did I say anything about name calling?

I am referring to what got moved to the N&P. That thread will die off now.

Sorry, beer! I own a hops farm...and retired specops. Moderator Am I imaging this?

at the local hardware ( actualy 85% of business is gun and ammo sales). pay by card and ya have to sign ya name on the little magic thing. I sign a big "X". don't need NO darned cursive , longhand scipt signature
o k SO I CAN WRITE CURSIVE.
I ALso LEARNED TO DO SIMPLE ARITHMATIC IN grade school. LOL
I can make change don't need a calculator....?????
its it computer I have to master!!????????????????LOL

-
Back