Can't seem to catch a break

-
Not hardened tip but with a Melanized gear for the hydraulic roller cam. Gear came from Hughes. The pump is stock pressure and volume.
Aka billet core camshaft. Sounds good to me. That's the way I went as soon as found out about them in 2011 when at the time Crane was selling them @$90 ea.
Package states... "Coated steel".. same thing. Bronze was never an attractive part of the package.

Here it is all back together and running. Hopefully I can get it to the track soon. Idling at about 1050...still somewhat cold so the choke was on.

Last edited:
Did you find any lifters that had come apart?

Did you find any lifters that had come apart?

I tossed the old lifters before I took a look at them but I did find a piece of metal in the pan that looked like it could have come from the top area of a lifter just above the retaining wire. If that was so then it might explain how the retaining wire got loose...if it was a lifter plunger retaining wire...which I think it was...makes sense looking at it.

I presume the 'retaining wire' you are referring to is the circlip. They normally only come out if the engine is over revved & the lifter pumps up. Not addressing the reason for this invites a recurrence of the problem......

-
Back