cap over frame repair

-

74swingerlover

Reaction score
just wondering if it worth it to get the cap over frame repair panels to strengthen my frame a bit. I will also be getting sub-frame connectors and a roll cage (6-8 point) to strenghten it as well.

No on the caps. Yes on the subframe connectors........as far as the cage, it depends on what you are doing with the car.

mostly going to be a street car...... might see the strip a couple times a year

I have question about those caps Ive got a whole in a section of my subframe in the side is it worth it to buy the caps or just grind it smooth and box it in

IMO, the caps are garbage. I have one that I use for a doorstop.

You can get rails out of cars that have been parted out for less than the caps, will look factory too.

all those caps are is fabricated boxes.if you cut plate and boxed it or patched it it would be the same thing for a lot less money

Caps are thin and are garbage.If you plate it with some steel it would much stronger.You need to replace with full frame rails or do some really good fab. work... Jim

Never really liked the idea of capping over a rusted frame rail. Looks like another place for rust to start back. Just my 2 cents.
Matt

-
Back