Capitalization

-
You talking about spelling. This was posted not to long ago.

"can somewon stop this BS? taker too mutch time & totally meaningless!"

I'm not that picky about spelling but geezzz!

Lol, besides the spelling, the punctuation;Did everybody forget what they learned in 4th grade, or drop out in 5th? Or the teachers let them slide to the next grade? Don't get me started; Both of my parents were teachers. I have heard the political crap that happens.

If you want to have some real fun, next time your burger order comes to $6.62, wait till they clear the order and then offer the .12 in change so you will get a couple quarters back. Then watch then try to do the math in their head!

If you want to have some real fun, next time your burger order comes to $6.62, wait till they clear the order and then offer the .12 in change so you will get a couple quarters back. Then watch then try to do the math in their head!

It is fun and most can't figure it out. I always have to tell them to give me a dollar back or what ever the mount of bills.

I cant spell very well at all. I try but know I jack up a lot of words and my punctuation could be better. All I have to say is if you don't like it you can blow it out your rear. LOL

How about when you read an ad that reads:

"The car needs restored" instead of: "The car needs to be restored or The car needs restoration"

All because the GED qualification is now the new high standard!

SOB....
I wasn't going to comment on this, however, every time I go into a post to read it now i'm staring at spelling and punctuation.....
Most of the time it has to be pretty atrocious for it to make me cringe. I'm not a college graduate, nor would I say that i'm exceptionally bright, but I at least try to make myself understood.
After 8 years in the army, you become jaded to poor spelling and punctuation. Have some enlisted soldiers do a sworn statement and 80% of the ones you get back will be near illegible. I have had E7's that I had to edit what they wrote to keep them from sounding like a complete bumbling idiot to Brigade staff.
A friend of mine, who by the way, is an awesome guy consistently spells "get" as "GIT" and refuses to acknowledge and attempt to fix. Consistent errors bug me more than anything else, because I see it as being happy with being ignorant, and a lack of motivation to be better.

I cant spell very well at all. I try but know I jack up a lot of words and my punctuation could be better. All I have to say is if you don't like it you can blow it out your rear. LOL

You don't need to be a good speller to eliminate poor spelling from your posts. Spell check can be very effective at getting that task done for you.

Regarding punctuation, just getting the periods in at the ends of sentences goes a long way toward making you posts readable, and understandable. Commas enhance that end! :thumbup:

You don't need to be a good speller to eliminate poor spelling from your posts. Spell check can be very effective at getting that task done for you.

Regarding punctuation, just getting the periods in at the ends of sentences goes a long way toward making you posts readable, and understandable. Commas enhance that end! :thumbup:
I use spell check all the time. I have to admit I forget the punctuation a lot.

Well thats true. I have to say FABO has made me a better speller. I have gone back and read some of my early posts and all I can say is WOW that guy was dumb. LOL So thank you FABO:cheers:

Well thats true. I have to say FABO has made me a better speller. I have gone back and read some of my early posts and all I can say is WOW that guy was dumb. LOL So thank you FABO:cheers:
I agree completely.
FABO has improved my spelling and grammar.
It appears as more and more people on FABO could care less and are just texting their message ...
TXDart

Capitalization is not used in half of new threads in the title to their post.
Keeps me from even opening the thread up.
TXDart

Old post, but since someone else resurrected it...

The one that I see more and more in society is using an apostrophe "s" at the end of a word to make it a plural. Usually, it it used in a contraction, like, "it's" or to show possession, like, "that's Tom's cool sentence."

It is rarely used in a word to make it plural, yet I see it being used more and more. I even see it in advertising. Really, if someone is confused and not sure when to use it, just leave the apostrophe out. You'll be correct more often than not.

Here's another: There is no such word as "prolly" or "probly". The word is, probably. It easy to spell, type, and pronounce.

Unfortunately, people make initial judgments of others by the language we use. In verbal conversations your grammar is key to the first impression others make about you. If you constantly mispronounce words or misuse words, or use a lot of foul language, others can, will, and do form an opinion of you, based on that.

Likewise, in written conversation, such as we have here, people form opinions of others based on comments, on spelling, on the proper use of grammatical skills.

Since written communication is lacking inflection, we rely on punctuation to set the tone of a comment. Exclamation points (!) are used to indicate excitement, surprise, or anger, Question marks (?), naturally indicate a question. Periods are to end a sentence, an abbreviation or a number or letters to itemize a list. Commas (,) are punctuation marks used especially as a mark of separation within the sentence. They have other uses, too.

These are very basic grammatical items that help in conveying your thoughts more clearly to others, reduce the possibilities of misunderstandings, and simply make our written comments much easier to read. The are also extremely easy to use. Periods, commas don't even require using the shift key!

Most older members here use these punctuations regularly. Many younger members don't. It's a matter of preference. That said, it's also a matter of making yourself understood. Especially in longer posts.

I'll admit, when I see a post that isn't punctuated, or is simply a run on sentence for more than 20 words or so, I usually just move on to the next post. I'm simply not going to devote the time to reading, and re-reading the post trying to make sense of it.

I'm not claiming that my reading and understanding anyone's post is important to anyone besides me, but, it's a pretty sure bet that if one person is doing that, others are too.

It's a pity that your comments, opinions, questions, etc. stand the possibility of being ignored simply because you decided that capitalization, punctuation, and decent (not excellent) grammar isn't necessary.

Do not diss the the probly. I talk like that all the time. I know it's probably, I've tried to say it probably, but while it may be easy to say, it just comes off as a bit of a mouthful to say unless you are a slower talker which I am not. I try to keep my spelling and grammar in check just because it's much easier to read, and you don't get **** for having a horrible looking post. *ahem* Dart doctor *ahem* (Not trying to get on your case, but I think many of us would appreciate it if your posts were a little more legible than what they usually are.)

I actually started getting the whole typing thing down while playing video games. In game chat either has to be fast, or accurate, or after a lot of practice both. After playing it for a while my wpms were up, and I had great grammar, mostly. It would be nice if people actually cared about the way they come off on the internet, but as one guy said: it's the internet i don't care what other people think of me because they'll never meet me. There's not much you can do about those types of people. And like some have said, you have people that just don't care. Take my brother for instance, he's quite smart and articulate, but he swears all the time and has absolutely atrocious grammar when on facebook. I'm not a grammar nazi by any means, but seriously every time I see something that he has written I want go up to him and say FIX IT NOW! He knows and he doesn't care, and it's annoying as h*ll because there's nothing I can do to fix it except call him out and when I do that he basically says F**k off I do what I want.

also: irregardless is not a word.

Just more proof that the education system in this country has completely failed. :tard:

this is the same crap they preached on at moparts. if you dont like my posts use the ignore button. I think your intellectualism is lost on a bunch of gearheads. hell i,d be happy if most here could just spell half way decent.DD

We must remember, some people's brains just aren't wired for good spelling, punctuation, or grammar. They just can't "get it." Or through no fault of their own, did not get a good early introduction to these skills. Personally, I was lucky, the first child of a school teacher, and it came easily to me. People's poor writing skills don't bother me, especially on a car website, in fact I think it's interesting to see how people are good at different things.

this is the same crap they preached on at moparts. if you dont like my posts use the ignore button. I think your intellectualism is lost on a bunch of gearheads. hell i,d be happy if most here could just spell half way decent.DD
I think this thread is only to inform the people who do not even atTEmPt to speak EnGlisH BeCause iT is HarD to rEad.
Not just Capitalization.Just the lack off it.
If you respond to a post will merely "cool" "sweet" "lol" "x2"...
Who cares if it is not "Cool""Sweet" Lol" "X2"....
daredevil check you prior posts and you give a damn and use capitalization.(and on this post you had to purposely ignore capitalization to make your point )
How many post from foreign countries,"Excuse my English" and they write better than me and you both.
We are in freaking America and be proud of it and our language.....
daredevil, this has nothing to do with you and hope you do not take this personal...All I am saying is ,can people at least try....
Some people just take offense of butchering things?
Why should we allow people to butcher our language ?
TXDart

I enjoy reading lots of posts here regardless if they're a challenge :p

Here's one for 'ya

eonvrye that can raed this rsaie your hnad.

To my 'selected' strange-minded friends:
If you can read the following paragraph, forward it on to your friends and
the person that sent it to you with 'yes' in the subject line.

Only great minds can read this
This is weird, but interesting!
If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid too
Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde
Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the
olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit
pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a
pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot
slpeling was ipmorantt!

I enjoy reading lots of posts here regardless if they're a challenge :p

Here's one for 'ya

eonvrye that can raed this rsaie your hnad.

To my 'selected' strange-minded friends:
If you can read the following paragraph, forward it on to your friends and
the person that sent it to you with 'yes' in the subject line.

Only great minds can read this
This is weird, but interesting!
If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid too
Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde
Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the
olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit
pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a
pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot
slpeling was ipmorantt!

Wow, this seems so easy. Tkhans for the ientstnierg epmrixneet!

You gots to git those Benjamins so you cin git dat bling-bling fo yo ride"

Do not diss the the probly. I talk like that all the time. I know it's probably, I've tried to say it probably, but while it may be easy to say, it just comes off as a bit of a mouthful to say unless you are a slower talker which I am not. I try to keep my spelling and grammar in check just because it's much easier to read, and you don't get **** for having a horrible looking post. *ahem* Dart doctor *ahem* (Not trying to get on your case, but I think many of us would appreciate it if your posts were a little more legible than what they usually are.)

I actually started getting the whole typing thing down while playing video games. In game chat either has to be fast, or accurate, or after a lot of practice both. After playing it for a while my wpms were up, and I had great grammar, mostly. It would be nice if people actually cared about the way they come off on the internet, but as one guy said: it's the internet i don't care what other people think of me because they'll never meet me. There's not much you can do about those types of people. And like some have said, you have people that just don't care. Take my brother for instance, he's quite smart and articulate, but he swears all the time and has absolutely atrocious grammar when on facebook. I'm not a grammar nazi by any means, but seriously every time I see something that he has written I want go up to him and say FIX IT NOW! He knows and he doesn't care, and it's annoying as h*ll because there's nothing I can do to fix it except call him out and when I do that he basically says F**k off I do what I want.

also: irregardless is not a word.
Hmm ok im outta here

-
Back