Capitalization

-
its a forum not an official letter so i say screw it. i use spell check when on my home computer but not on my phone. that damn phone changes what i type to all kinds of goofy ****..

The one grammar mistake that seems to veer its ugly face more than any other on this site is the dreaded phrase: I seen

"I seen a cool mopar in a barn last weekend.":x

"I saw a cool mopar in a barn last weekend.":hello1:

Seriously, this mistake is like nails on a chalk board to me. Glad I got this off my chest...

The one grammar mistake that seems to veer its ugly face more than any other on this site is the dreaded phrase: I seen

Seriously, this mistake is like nails on a chalk board to me. Glad I got this off my chest...

You're right. "Seen" requires a helper, such as: I have seen, I had seen, he has seen.

i seen it with my eyes i didn't saw it with a saw..... lmao...

its a forum not an official letter so i say screw it. i use spell check when on my home computer but not on my phone. that damn phone changes what i type to all kinds of goofy ****..

You can turn the "word prediction" off in your phone. It should be in the settings.

I enjoy reading lots of posts here regardless if they're a challenge :p

Here's one for 'ya

eonvrye that can raed this rsaie your hnad.

To my 'selected' strange-minded friends:
If you can read the following paragraph, forward it on to your friends and
the person that sent it to you with 'yes' in the subject line.

Only great minds can read this
This is weird, but interesting!
If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid too
Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde
Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the
olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit
pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a
pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot
slpeling was ipmorantt!

That's pretty amazing, I read this with no problem.

Another is...I have no ideal what you're talking about, or, that's a good ideal. Bugs me, but with that said I hold no grudge against anyone if their spelling is off or if their grammar isn't right. I do however agree with punctuation, it makes things much easier to decipher.

I see 'trunck' (trunk) all the time.

Breaks (brakes) is another classic.

And then there's the "I want to sale my car" or "I want to put my car up for sell." Love those.

I share a computer terminal at work with a few other techs. They love to type in ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME so I am constantly re typing things. Is the shift key that hard to hunt and peck for?

My service writer/crook holds a special place in my heart. I have to ask him several times a day to explain his mangled syntax. And this is supposedly an 'educated' person.

:salut:

I think this thread is only to inform the people who do not even atTEmPt to speak EnGlisH BeCause iT is HarD to rEad.
Not just Capitalization.Just the lack off it.
If you respond to a post will merely "cool" "sweet" "lol" "x2"...
Who cares if it is not "Cool""Sweet" Lol" "X2"....
daredevil check you prior posts and you give a damn and use capitalization.(and on this post you had to purposely ignore capitalization to make your point )
How many post from foreign countries,"Excuse my English" and they write better than me and you both.
We are in freaking America and be proud of it and our language.....
daredevil, this has nothing to do with you and hope you do not take this personal...All I am saying is ,can people at least try....
Some people just take offense of butchering things?
Why should we allow people to butcher our language ?
TXDart
Hell/i wuz jes haven fun. din took it pursenal.

if ppl r 2 lazy to rite in a rsnably proper manner i quickly git to lazy to read the crap!! mistakes are one thing but sloppyness and laziness annoys me real fast

Mine:

For sell

instead of

For sale

COME ON! You've never seen a For Sale sign? Really?

Aaaargh.

Also, the single space after the period thing is the current accepted form in publishing. My wife is in publishing and gives me a hard time for doing it the old fashioned way. Go figure.

How about "Car in tow"

Car in toe

Car being towed

"Car being toed"

"Car being toad"

lmao.....

:dontknow: I thought this thread was about raising cash to fund a new business venture

Grant

-
Back