Car 2 of 4 showed up today

-

B-onefan

Reaction score
Few weeks ago I bought a package deal of 4 65 A bodies. Today the 2nd car arrived to it's new home. This is a 65 Dart GT that hauled ***, at one time. Now it's regulated to parts car duty for the 65 Dart GT Convertible that I got 2 weeks ago. Both cars are 273, auto, a/c cars. The speedo shows 75k. Here are a few pictures. The floor pans are in great shape and will go in either the Dart convertible or the 65 Valiant Signet Convertible 273/auto car that should be here in a couple of weeks. Gonna be busy this summer.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 807
  • 009.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 806
  • 005.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 797
  • 004.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 795
  • 003.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 803
  • 006.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 789
  • 007.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 787
  • 002.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 801
WOW haha the first three pics I'm thinking parts car ? is this guy on glue ? then the rest of the pics and Doh parts car it is , too bad because whats good looks real good .

I figured it was worth the $200 I paid for it.

It took a pounding. The dash is bent in a little where a knee hit it. Between the dash and steering wheel, somebody was hurting. Makes me glad to have shoulder belts and even airbags these days.

It took a pounding. The dash is bent in a little where a knee hit it. Between the dash and steering wheel, somebody was hurting. Makes me glad to have shoulder belts and even airbags these days.

Yes looks like that was a painful accident for someone.
These old cars are cool but the new ones are much safer.

Notice the bulge in the rocker panel in the 5th picture.

yeh she was hit hard but all in all I stand by what I said , what looks good looks real good , I agree it's worth the price , especially since you've got a home for all that good sheet metal eh !

Wow she took a good lick there. Sheetmetal looks good to remove thanks to an early death. Cant beat the price.

great buy, probably worth the $200 for scrap! ya better be careful, all these poor folks from the cold salt belt will drag their unsuppecting wifes to tx for a "vacation" hunting solid old A bodies!!!!???? LOL
never been to Pate, wonder what its like hinting mopar parts and projects??

Never been myself. Going to try to go again this year. Everytime I try something major comes up and I have to cancel. As far as Mopar parts and projects at other Texas swap meets, they are usually few and far between and and what is there is priced using the Gas Monkey and Barretts methods.

great buy, probably worth the $200 for scrap! ya better be careful, all these poor folks from the cold salt belt will drag their unsuppecting wifes to tx for a "vacation" hunting solid old A bodies!!!!???? LOL
never been to Pate, wonder what its like hinting mopar parts and projects??

I stopped going to Pate about 10 or 12 years ago. I didn't care for having to wade through things like antique pop bottles, new Mexican pottery by the truck load, children's desks, new candy machines, glassware, furniture and garage sale goods trying to find car parts. Over half of the meet was that type of stuff the last time I went. All that garbage ruined Pate for me and I won't be going again until I hear they have banned/limited the amount of non-automotive items.

Most have started turning out that way.
Last time my buddy and I went we started counting small block chevy exhaust manifolds. Came to over 460!!!!

Most have started turning out that way.
Last time my buddy and I went we started counting small block chevy exhaust manifolds. Came to over 460!!!!

Mopar stuff isn't super plentiful around my area so I have to wade through a mountain of GM and Ford parts to find the treasurers. I have gone down and just bought a Coke. I have gone down and had to come home to get the big truck plus the trailer because I bought so much big stuff. It is a roll of the dice when I go.

When Joe Ersland and his group was running Chickasha they enforced the no more that 10% non-transportation relate merchandise rule. I saw Joe make a vendor pack up a bunch of stuff that was over the limit and they kept an eye on that vendor to make sure it stayed put up.

4 a bodies wow great find... fyi if looking to sell a couple of parts of that i might be very interested :)

pick em up while you can. Time waits for nobody so if you have a chance to pick up any A-body then no time like the present. Its alarming how many have disappeared in the last 10 years. Even if you don't get around to them right away, at least you can stash them away till you get to them.

Great score.

pick em up while you can. Time waits for nobody so if you have a chance to pick up any A-body then no time like the present. Its alarming how many have disappeared in the last 10 years. Even if you don't get around to them right away, at least you can stash them away till you get to them.

Great score.
Thanks, that is the game plan. I will retire from my first career in 7 years and plan on doing and building cars for a while. They eat no hay sitting behind the barn right now. I have a 66 Valiant Signet 273 Commando car, a 65 Barracuda 273 car, a 65 Valiant 200 4 door that's a factory 273/4 speed car, a 66 Dart Sedan /6, 3speed that is a radio/heater delete car, a 65 Dart GT convertible, 273, auto a/c car, a 65 Valiant Signet 273/auto convertible, a 68 Barracuda coupe v-8 a/c car, a 63 Dart GT hardtop, plus the usual 73-74 Dusters, 72 Dart Swinger, and 1 lonely 64 El Camino that is a 75k, all original 283 power pak with a/c and changing from a 3 speed to a 4 speed. Plus several parts cars. And 1 very understanding wife!!!

3 of 4 arrived today. Pictures to follow in the morning. Too tired to go out to the truck and get the camera now.

Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 344
  • 005.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 372
  • 007.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 328
  • 009.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 333
4 of 4 arrived today. Pictures to follow in the morning. 1965 Valiant Signet v-8 convertible.

yes Cccooolllll!! probably now is the time to gather up the parts needed to put them back together. supply is srinkin ...... better buy ya paint now, in 7 yrs ya might not be legal to buy it!!???? LOL

-
Back