Car accident! Is this frame baaaad? (Subaroo)

-

Lecki6

Reaction score
Well on my way home from work I got hit! Guy admitted to be at fault and his insurance is going to cover it so I'm heading to a body shop tomorrow... It sucks that this car will forever be valued lower but I'm just worried about that frame causing problems down the line. Opinions? Condolences? :banghead::banghead: first 0 mile car car, got it 1 year ago when I was 19... 20k miles miles now.. I guess it could be worse

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 245
Well on my way home from work I got hit! Guy admitted to be at fault and his insurance is going to cover it so I'm heading to a body shop tomorrow... It sucks that this car will forever be valued lower but I'm just worried about that frame causing problems down the line. Opinions? Condolences? :banghead::banghead: first 0 mile car car, got it 1 year ago when I was 19... 20k miles miles now.. I guess it could be worse

The door pillar looks like the only structural concern (based only on a picture). A good shop should be able to make it right.

Yeah, should be good. I'd fix it even if a body shop wouldn't. My father-in-law gave me his ’89 Jeep Cherokee after a body shop told him the frame was bent. They were wrong! The accident only bent over the bumper mounts and shifted the fender into the driver's door. It is now my snow plow vehicle! Thanks dad! It only cost me $400 to repair and another $800 to add the used snow plow.:blob:

Looks to me like the doors took all the damage.

Bought your first 0 mile car at 19?

I think your doing just fine, no matter what happens with the subi

Appears to be door damage mostly. The B pillar may have a little bend to it but the body shop can pull that without a problem.

So they didn't total her. I guess they are going to replace most of it, the innards have yet to be seen but for now the insurance company is thinking 2 weeks and 4K... I'll believe it when I see it

Those subarus are pretty tough. That's why my wife drives them. We have owned several over the last 15 years.

-
Back