car club

-

68valiant400

Reaction score
hey everyone i was thinking of starting a mopar car club in ontario canada, iam in burlington near toronto and was just looking for some input or people interested in joining and planning events if anyone's interested message me or reply to post thank you

i guess no one is interested oh well i least i tried lol just wish i had a group of guys with mopars to hang with i wont cruise with my buddy's in the bowties and blue ovals just turns into a race lol

I'm not aware of any Mopar-only clubs locally. You might want to try contacting a local shop that specializes in restoring Mopars like Classic Car Restorations.

You might also want to consider joining a more general car club (like ACCCC) as they usually have lots of members with Mopars and have activities year-round. Rainbow Region, for example, has an annual Christmas party coming up on December 1 at the Niagara Parks Whirlpool Golf Club that you're welcome to attend.

Stating a Mopar club is always a great idea. For us that are not in your location it would be nice to see your club members car photos...

hey everyone i was thinking of starting a mopar car club in ontario canada, iam in burlington near toronto and was just looking for some input or people interested in joining and planning events if anyone's interested message me or reply to post thank you

Sorry but you're telling me that in an area as large as Burlington-Hamilton-Mississauga-Toronto that there are no Mopar clubs. Well that just sucks, I'll bet you that there are tons of Rustang and Camaro clubs. Hell out here we got 4 clubs within a couple hour drive of each other. Talk to thes guys, OCC auto club, they might be able to help. http://www.moparfest.com/

Terry

oh ya theres a 10 000 mustang and chevy clubs in every town, always ford and chevy parts at swap meets , i hate it, i almost want to move to cali just to be around the car world, up here in Canada we have nothing.

Be careful what you wish for.

Capital Area Mopars (CAM) www.capitalmopars.com has been going since the '80's but it's a real up and down affair. The pattern seems to be that the same people do the same things for years and years and then they get tired and just quit. The club goes downhill, then someone new comes along and gets some new people active and things go uphill a bit...then it's all repeated.

I think clubs in general operate this way, not just car clubs but clubs for anything.

In the '80's some of the CAM members thought the club was big enough to get us incorporated...now years later it's just a big headache and we would have been better off without it. Our monthly newsletter has turned into a yearly newsletter at best but we do still get together for dinners and cruises.

Im in.. I need a Mopar cub near me. It sucks not having a fellow Mopar buddy group. Lets get it going.

I think that all it would take is to call the first get together. Post that a few of us are going to meet at a place like Kelsey’s one Sunday afternoon to meet each other. Then see who shows up, and go from there. I am in for this, want to set a place and a date? Or even wait till spring and meet up in a parking lot with our cars to start, that might work. What do you think?

Where is everyone located? Which Kelsey's were you thinking about?

As for a club, were you thinking about having something formal where you have bylaws, officers, and monthly meetings? I think it would be too hard to coordinate a province-wide cruise-in a preliminary club meeting. I think it would be better to put the word out on a number of Mopar forums. It might even be a good idea to get a free web site to begin organizing a club.

Incidentally, you're already part of a club just by belonging to this forum.

This is true, but we have never got together and represented. Even if it just the Canadian chaper of FABO. I am near Toronto. U?

I am in burlington too. I also have a valiant, a 66 signet. Its not quite done yet, hope to have it on the road this year. Would love to meet other locals.

Here is a picture I took when I bought the car, it is now totally torn apart.

66valiant7054262993beavertonON.jpg

I am in Toronto & would be interested in getting together.

johndart

I am in burlington too. I also have a valiant, a 66 signet. Its not quite done yet, hope to have it on the road this year. Would love to meet other locals.

Here is a picture I took when I bought the car, it is now totally torn apart.

hey you ever need a hand with the car or need any parts/ engine work let me know i have a few local connections and dont mind helping out a fellow fabo member or hey even if you want to just talk cars and go for a cruise

Randy

Two form burlington, one from woodbridge, and one form toronto. It seems we have a group developing. Central is maby etobicoke or Mississauga. Im not really good with these areas. I think Kelseys is a good idea, they bought the rights to the cheers song, it seams suiting for the occation.
Kelseys
1485 Aerowood Dr
Mississauga, Ontario
L4W 1C2
Intersection: Aerowood Dr & Dixie R
Its just south of the 401 on Dixie what do you think?

that sounds good i'll keep looking for more members interested and get some more people to get on board, maybe we should use this thread or start another one to get everybody together

in burlington we have a local car show on wednesdays at the mall, anyone can come, we could always meet up there or at something more central

We go to that car show pretty much every week.

A drive to Kelseys could be arranged, it would depend on the date & time though.

-
Back