Car dies after WOT

-

siuauto

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

I have a 650 Speed Demon and Last night when I was driving it after full throttle the car would die. No hesitation at WOT and it started right back up after it died. this happened last year too. It's a small block car, Holley blue pump with a aeromotive regulator with a return line and it's all -8. It has 30cc pumps and 35 primary nozzle and a 31 secondary nozzle. Currently the primary pump cam is in the 2nd position and secondary pump cam is in the 1st position. Both the nozzle and cam position changes were made to cure a tip in hesitation. Any thoughts on where I should start tweaking? Could it be a timing issue?

ME thinks its runnin out of fuel,if it does it again dont start it right away,check to see if there is fuel via pump shot.

Don't rip your foot out of it after your WOT run. Ease off, if you run WOT and suddenly close the butterflies, it makes for an extremely rich condition, flooding you out.

May need a dashpot of some kind.... Kinda like a door shock.

Never messed with a demon carb. But that clear sight glass, is that the same as the plastic clear sight plugs you can get for holleys? The reason I ask is I have heard of these breaking and falling out on their own. Very dangerous. I use them now just to check fuel level. Then I replace with the metal ones.

The demon carbs a little different because they have a piece of glass that is held in by a snap ring.

-
Back